Bad “Improvements”

great topic but can we move this to the top of the site and go back in time about 9 months................................

Reactions: Chris
Thnx! Sounds like I'll just continue to adjust it in my head, or just use the add on app for Google maps that uses GPS to give speed reading.

I just have to say, I used resources easily found on the Internet to buy a new speedo gear with the proper amount of teeth for my tires and gear ratio. It was probably 15 or 20 minutes to install and dirt cheap to have my speedo pretty accurate again, it’s crazy close. I bought a new o-ring as well just in case. I’m telling you, it’s worth the measly dollars it cost. There are videos on the install so you don’t go in blind.
https://www.quadratec.com/c/reference/jeep-speedometer-gear-tooth-chart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watch out for the Quadratec speedo chart there is an incorrect one floating around on the net.....I spent like $12 bucks for gear and o-ring, took very little time and worked great.

Reactions: JMT
x2 on CAI, TBS and "performance" exhausts. My jeep came with all this and it still performs dismally.

The most worthwhile would be a free-er flowing exhaust. Moving more will give you somewhat noticeable mpg increases but nothing to call home about. Not to mention you could make one up for a fraction of what it would cost you to buy one. If you're thinking about changing exhausts to sound better forget about it, the 4.0 was made with sounding like crap in mind. Jeeps don't like cold air too much so that's pretty counter productive imo.

Now I'll shut the hell up. We Canadians are rarely so long winded. Could never ever find someone we'd like next door as much as you folks though

Just curious ..... what are you packing for a musket ?
Miner / Trapper / Prospector ?
Maybe that G-bear was looking to hibernate with ya' ... ?
Canuck from BC ..... :cunaooooo::cunaooooo:

Reactions: StG58
a sharpened stick and a strong survival instinct
That made me laugh, right there.

One of these days I'm going to run into one of you guys from the Great White North that has an old Winchester Model 71. That will make me happy, because I can try to talk you into posting a bunch of pictures...

You didn’t buy a rolling brick for gas mileage did you?

I’ve got a lj on 4.10 on stock rubi 31’s. And at best got 17.... comes with the ride.... might have a few bumpers and skid plates too

Reactions: Chris
Oh yeah dealer had the $500 mopsr cold air intake on it when I bought it. Told them I wasn’t paying for it. Caused a loud whistle under load drove me nuts. Sent a stock air box in the mail to me.. sold the other one to a buddy convinced he had to have it