Bad idea time!

If no one has hit this yet, I'll be surprised, but we need custom Jeep wash bays where people can get their babies clean on site with a grate for a floor and sprayers for the undercarriage.

I also will second the good RV and kid stuff. That is what young families will look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of you guys ever been to the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, place is insane.
This would also be a cool spot to just add a terrain park. Its already off-road friendly.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Have any of you guys ever been to the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, place is insane.
This would also be a cool spot to just add a terrain park. Its already off-road friendly.

I have not. I'd be surprised if @StG58 hasn't been though.

Reactions: EJD
I have not. I'd be surprised if @StG58 hasn't been though.
Oh man, you must go.
All it requires is a Trail Flag, and an Oregon OHV permit for $11, which you can buy right there at the entrance.
It is such a time, theres like miles of beach access to drive on, hill climbs, some sandy trails, etc. Its a blast.

I cannot tell you the last time I saw an OHV area that wasn't on government property, maybe it's because the liability is too high or the regulations are too great. Environmentalists and lawyers are tough to deal with.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris

We went many years ago when my girls were young. We rented a buggy and a driver to take us on the dunes. Before we got in the buggy he asked us "Mild or Wild?" I said wild! It was a blast! We caught air a couple times in between screams.

Reactions: JMT, StG58 and EJD
Before we got in the buggy he asked us "Mild or Wild?" I said wild! It was a blast! We caught air a couple times in between screams.
Lol, thats classic, and so true. You can have a really fun time there no matter which way you wanna go with it.

If no one has hit this yet, I'll be surprised, but we need custom Jeep wash bays where people can get their babies clean on site with a grate for a floor and sprayers for the undercarriage.

I also will second the good RV and kid stuff. That is what young families will look for.

Yes! Surprised that hasn't come up yet. ...and some way to wash the underside efficiently as well, right? It's a Jeep, it gets dirty in three dimensions. I like this!
Florence! Ohhh-yaaa! The wife and I go there once or twice a year and just watch. (The SE isn't all that sand friendly) That place is just too cool. An entire off road ecosystem. Taking a "built for sand" TJ down there is almost unfair though. Watched three TJ's and a Toyota 4runner play in the sand. Various stages of modification on all three, with the 4runner about as built as the rest. I was really surprised that the 4runner did as poorly as it did, but he had the Toyota equivalent of light bars and angry bird grills all over that thing. Could have been a new guy out with his buddies for the first time as well. The TJ's spent a lot of time dragging him around or winching him out.

Florence is the only reason that I would think about going to 33x12.50 tires and a taller lift.

Reactions: EJD and Chris
Was hoping to get to the dunes this summer but it looks like it will have to wait until next year. Just to many irons in the fire right now.
Make a road trip out of it and stay for a few days. It's almost as fun to watch as it is to wheel. Honeyman State Park is a good park, with good amenities and lots of non-wheeling things to do close by.

Reactions: EJD and Chris
Hardtop check point for people who want to road trip with the top on, but play with the top off.

I'm going to start consolidating all of these ideas into a google doc.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and StG58
Jeep Wave app. it scans number plates of all on coming vehicles cross checks the plates with the vehicle registration database and once it confirms the vehicle is a jeep, the app alerts the driver to wave at the oncoming vehicle. IR upgrade means the app will work on even the darkest nights or poorest weather conditions. I think i'm going to be rich.

Jeep Wave app. it scans number plates of all on coming vehicles cross checks the plates with the vehicle registration database and once it confirms the vehicle is a jeep, the app alerts the driver to wave at the oncoming vehicle. IR upgrade means the app will work on even the darkest nights or poorest weather conditions. I think i'm going to be rich.

Seriously- as much as people complain about lack of waves on Reddit, I think a lot of those folks would get your app.

Something in another thread sparked an idea. I know, that's a bad thing for me, right?

Oregon really doesn't have a good off road park. Lots of trails, a few OHV areas that are OK and thousands of miles of general trails. But no off road "destination". Jeeps are pretty much the unofficial vehicle of non-urban Oregon. The bloody things are everywhere, and in all states of modification and maintenance. Lots of very enthusiastic Jeeple in the area.

Y'all are so lucky to have those awesome trails. I went riding dual sports in 2013 around Mt. Hood. I would love to go back up and Jeep those trails.

Reactions: StG58
Y'all are so lucky to have those awesome trails. I went riding dual sports in 2013 around Mt. Hood. I would love to go back up and Jeep those trails.
A lot of those trails are now off limits to motorized travel. Between ODFW and the ecologists at Willamette and Mt. Hood National Forest a good number of trails and fire roads are closed. The forest travel plan has been steadily updated and forest travel is being severely restricted. Walk or bycycle. That's pretty much your choices. Even horse access is being restricted. The pattern is to turn the national forests into wilderness areas, with logging allowed.

You know that, and I know that. BUT we are all alt-right to the people who camp out in the Forest Service offices up here. The timber Co's stealth in with lawyers and grips o' cash. Off roaders and other forest denizens don't have either. Guess who gets access to the forest. Go stealth or outlaw. That's your choices.

That's why a Jeep Ranch makes more sense all the time.

It would be nice to go into the BLM or Forest Service main local office and tell them that you represent X number of educated and responsible Jeep owners, who add X amount of cash and X number of jobs to the local economy. So, about that motorized travel plan. Oh, please communicate through my full time lawyer, if you would be so kind.

I'm not nearly as nice as I seem, and I have been elected to public office and worked for government agencies. This whole deal isn't new to me.

Last edited: