Badlands off road jack $249.99

It's also HF and if you blink it'll be on sale again...

-Mac

But what if you blink at the wrong time?

Think About It GIF by Identity

Reactions: macleanflood
I don't need a floor jack that is tall enough to lift at the frame. I just lift at the pumpkin then put tall 6-ton jack stands under the frame before lowering.

Reactions: JMT
there are times when lifting at the frame is handy.

Yes there are. I just elongated a hole in the fender to clear my hose while it was up. It's 106* here and feels much hotter in the sun.

Screen Shot 2024-06-15 at 5.13.56 PM.png

It would have been more annoying to lift the front axle enough by stacking blocks to then add a jack and then start again with more wood all so I can get the frame high enough for my 12 ton jack fit and allow the axle to achieve full droop. I've been doing it that way for years. Now I don't have to do that.

Removing the 11" & 12" fox shocks in CA this August to get re-tuned will be much easier with this tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apparition
I don't need a floor jack that is tall enough to lift at the frame. I just lift at the pumpkin then put tall 6-ton jack stands under the frame before lowering.

That's ok if you don't need it.

Looking back, this is a great tool for me to get. I had a 6-ton jack stand lose the rig while changing the front springs in the dirt because the frame moved just enough on the jack to cause mayhem...the jack went unstable and did a quick shimmy and no longer held the rig up while i was fiddling with the floor jack under the front bumper.

The bumper stopped falling right as it hit the back of my neck and the top of my shoulders before it slowly slid across my shoulders as it buried the rotor into the dirt. I'm much safer using this and my 12-ton jack stands with bigger feet.

Screen Shot 2024-06-15 at 6.10.32 PM.png

Last edited:
I
That's ok if you don't need it.

Looking back, this is a great tool for me to get. I had a 6-ton jack stand lose the rig while changing the front springs in the dirt because the frame moved just enough on the jack to cause mayhem...the jack went unstable and did a quick shimmy and no longer held the rig up while i was fiddling with the floor jack under the front bumper.

The bumper stopped falling right as it hit the back of my neck and the top of my shoulders before it slowly slid across my shoulders as it buried the rotor into the dirt. I'm much safer using this and my 12-ton jack stands with bigger feet.

View attachment 534752

Yikes, I have had similar situations happen. I have a bunch of 12 ton jack stands now and throw one under the bumper on the side in pulling the spring now.

I ended up not getting one of these. We'll I bought one but I it stayed in my wife's car for a few days. I didn't really like how big it was. I may just pick up and extensions for the 2 ton aluminum I have. I like because it's so light.

There are a few threads around about putting pro eagle pad and extension on a harbor freight jack.

Yikes, I have had similar situations happen. I have a bunch of 12 ton jack stands now and throw one under the bumper on the side in pulling the spring now.

The 12-tons are really nice to have. I didn't mind the price when buying right after the incident. Funny how priorities shift.

I ended up not getting one of these. We'll I bought one but I it stayed in my wife's car for a few days. I didn't really like how big it was. I may just pick up and extensions for the 2 ton aluminum I have. I like because it's so light.

It is pretty big, I went in thinking I might get another normal floor jack since I noticed they are also on sale. But, this one works well for my needs. It's not for everyone.

There are a few threads around about putting pro eagle pad and extension on a harbor freight jack.

Nice, how much is a pad and extension...$249.99?

The 12-tons are really nice to have. I didn't mind the price when buying right after the incident. Funny how priorities shift.

It is pretty big, I went in thinking I might get another normal floor jack since I noticed they are also on sale. But, this one works well for my needs. It's not for everyone.

Nice, how much is a pad and extension...$249.99?

The extension is $70. I think the pad is $45. There is also thr diy option with some Dom tube.

Reactions: MikeE024
Reactions: macleanflood
The extension is $70. I think the pad is $45. There is also thr diy option with some Dom tube.

I was just trying to make a funny, but I probably would rather just get the Badland's Jack unless I had extra jacks laying around. Depends on our situations and needs for that stuff.

I used mine for the first time yesterday. Dang thing rolls so easily, that is nice. It is big though, but I don’t think any more so than my 3 ton, low profile Daytona jack. The badlands jack is lighter too, I’d guess.

Reactions: Apparition
Way back before HF started making up brand names there was just Central Machinery. I've been using this for 20 years. Heavy as hell, but still easy enough to wheel around.

2-1-4-ton-floor-jack-harbor-freight-tools.jpg

Makes you wonder how they arrived at that extra 1/4 ton.

Marketing? We're just a little better than the competition?

Or maybe it was a 3 ton and someone looked at it and said, eh... maybe not...

My Hi Lift jack is a central machinery model. Had it twenty plus years and used it countless times. In fact we needed a second jack...so I bought a made in the USA actual Hi Lift and it's been nothing but a PIA...took it apart the other day and discovered one of the pin springs was broken and replaced it. Works great now. My friend bought a newer Badlands model and it keeps popping the up down lever.

I have four or five jacks I need to fix.

-Mac

Way back before HF started making up brand names there was just Central Machinery. I've been using this for 20 years. Heavy as hell, but still easy enough to wheel around.

View attachment 534966

That jack worked great for me. I gave it to a friend when I moved to L.A. and didn't have a place for most of my things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubiconned