Ball joint question

Morks

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Earlier in the week I had a ball joint fail on me. Ordered up the spcier ball joints... Come to find out someone put a different style ball joint in before I owned the tj, with knurling. I was wondering what the best course of action is now ( I have seen the dimpling fix, can that be done and last a long time) the rig sees 25,000 km a yr or so and is my only daily driver. Can't return the spicer joints and need the vehicle by monday... probably not going to happen now lol. The new ball joints do not just fall in they will need some pressing. I assume I can't run/rely on these for any longevity?

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

Earlier in the week I had a ball joint fail on me. Ordered up the spcier ball joints... Come to find out someone put a different style ball joint in before I owned the tj, with knurling. I was wondering what the best course of action is now ( I have seen the dimpling fix, can that be done and last a long time) the rig sees 25,000 km a yr or so and is my only daily driver. Can't return the spicer joints and need the vehicle by monday... probably not going to happen now lol. The new ball joints do not just fall in they will need some pressing. I assume I can't run/rely on these for any longevity?

View attachment 443458

View attachment 443459

If you know the dimpling works and you need it back on the road by Monday, what are your choices?