Bartact woes

I got a set of their Good seat covers several years ago. The fit was, and still is, great Almost looked factory. After a couple years of me dragging my big ass across it, the driver's seat got a bit tore up. I contacted them and asked about a replacement for just the driver's seat part. I received an email in a short time asking if it were a warranty problem. I assured then that is was a fat problem and that I would have no problem paying for it.
The piece was ordered, received, and all was Good.
Last year, the passenger side started to wear. I again contacted them asking about getting it repaired. They responded saying that they could, but gave me no further details. I eventually called them and spoke to somebody who said that he was a shift supervisor or some such. He said that it could be repaired, but couldn't give me a timeframe, and that he would have to ask the floor supervisor. Of course, HE was gone for the day. The person I was talking to assured me that he would have the guy contact me in short order to answer my question.
I still haven't heard from them.
Since they were of no help, I talked to a couple local upholstery guys about replacing JUST the center seat panel. THAT would cost me nearly as much as I initially paid Bartact in the first place.
It turns out that our old friends, Rugged Ridge, have a product called a Seat Vest. These things, while more of a "universal fit" when installed over the torn Bartacts are pretty good. All for $100.

https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-fabric-seat-vests/rgr-13235-01/
1712679408722.png

Taking woodshop and metalworking classes out of high school was one of the worst decisions ever, actuall

The technical college is closed in Madison County which is home with the largest city in the state because no children were interested in learning trades- good, lucrative trades.

Mommy and daddy don’t want to get sued but want Wally to be a lawyer-

They don’t want to get sick but they would be proud if he’s a doctor-

They don’t want to pay a lot of taxes but they would be happy if he’s an accountant-

But they will cry and complain about the derelict that shows up to fix the roof that ended up doing that for a living because he had no career direction-

In addition to our national conscious having a stigma toward blue-collar work and the great lie of “Go to college and make something of yourself” which carried the inference that you failed if you didn’t- we fail to help young men and women find their strengths- Germans do and they help find direction and train extensively.

The Calvary is not coming. What is the problem cannot be fixed in in a reasonable timeframe it will take generations.

The upside is if you know how to do this you can write your own ticket- this is a 90 degree load transfer we are having a ball with , for over $300,000 to be here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Shifting jobs out of the USA needs to stop.
That is only a small part of why our economy is in the state it is.
The fact that too many people are cheap and don't want to pay the price it takes for a business to employ American labor and pay American capital costs is the large part of why our economy is in the state it is.

How legal were we when we showed up and started killing everybody and taking the land?
Legal? Before the United States and our system of laws existed and when indigenous people were killing each other and "taking the land"?

I bought their seat covers a few months back and the fit was garbage. I emailed them multiple times and finally received a response acknowledging the seat covers were made incorrectly. I believe it was Dominic that asked me to return them and he would upgrade me no charge.

I returned them as instructed and saw a credit on my account a few days later? I never heard from Dominic or Bartact again.

I will never buy anything from them and the next time i get the urge to buy seat covers I will go to Walmart and spend 29.99 and be disappointed instead of $300

Caltrend is what i chose after bartact sticker shock. Reading this makes me doubly glad i didn't overpay

I bought their seat covers a year or so ago. I'm happy with the fit and quality. No problems with the order or shipping. But reading the reply from the company rep it seems like the company is in a bad place now and heading into the future.

I'm not convinced the younger generations not wanting to work is the whole of the issue. I've also seen first hand where companies want to hire as little staff as possible even if the product and reputation suffer. People leave, the position is not posted to be refilled, everyone left has to work a little harder. Then another person leaves, the position is not posted to be refilled, everyone left has to work a little harder. The pattern keeps going until you have a skeleton crew of pissed off employees doing the best they can, but only able to do so much.

I've also seen first hand where companies want to hire as little staff as possible even if the product and reputation suffer. People leave, the position is not posted to be refilled, everyone left has to work a little harder. Then another person leaves, the position is not posted to be refilled, everyone left has to work a little harder. The pattern keeps going until you have a skeleton crew of pissed off employees doing the best they can, but only able to do so much
Sounds like the fast-food places in Cali with the new $20 an hour minimum wage. Workers losing jobs and prices soaring.

Reactions: L J
I’ve used Seat Covers Unlimited out of Mesa Az for years. I’m Very happy with the quality and service. They answer the phone. When I place an order with them I always call to make it. They are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. They are custom made for your specific vehicle. I’ve purchased at least 6 sets of seat covers and dash mats from them over the years. The things I like the most about their covers is they fit perfectly and you can order them with matching backs and not just that cheap nylon that Walmart covers come with. I’m a firm believer in seat covers because they keep the underlying seats pristine.

To OP. If you are looking for a console cover it won't match but I have been happy with the wheel tread one they have on quadatrec. It is kind of gimmicky but it has held up over the last three years with even with young kids and dogs using the jeep as jungle gym

Reactions: txbemis69
Off the cuff I want to commend them for the honesty but I don’t know if that was the most professional answer-

Running a business is hard- And when things are challenging custom making something is an added challenge-

Thank you for the post- good info

they claimed to have a pattern for a tj console lid cover. first rattle out of the box was “ we’re out of the digital cammo material “ then it being made was blamed on production manager over and over again. i paid big bucks for custom digital cammo seat covers and they are top notch. they’re customer service has bit the dust. smdh!

To OP. If you are looking for a console cover it won't match but I have been happy with the wheel tread one they have on quadatrec. It is kind of gimmicky but it has held up over the last three years with even with young kids and dogs using the jeep as jungle gym

have considered one of those. just not sure i want tire tread print on my arm when i exit the jeep.

I saw on there website that they have shifted some mfg perhaps out of the US.

OK here’s a comment-

If a manufacture starts investing in overseas production that is time energy and money that could be used to train and develop people to produce the product here where the customers actually are.

Even the Japanese have figured out that it’s better to build a car over here than it is over there- Not only is the car closer to the market but the manufacturing labor cost goes back into the same economy to help buy more cars.

At the end of the day Bartact is trying to survive- It would be a shame if the premier manufacture loses their grip on quality- Their lead times have been pretty slow for a long time.

It is very possible in todays market to go from the top of the heap to the bottom- fast.

Reactions: txbemis69
The fact that too many people are cheap and don't want to pay the price it takes for a business to employ American labor and pay American capital costs is the large part of why our economy is in the state it is.
I personally believe this is the real problem... Every generation saw the next as lazy. I can agree to an extent that people that aspire to be influencers and shit are part of the problem, and downplaying the value of blue collar workers, but even my friends that do work hard don't really care to spend extra to USA made whatsoever. You gotta vote with your dollar or else we end up where we are, cheap chinese garbage everywhere

Reactions: Rickyd and DEValken