Basket's Build

Hit up ebay. I got a never used Brake Buddy for a couple hundred bucks. Ebay isn't what it used to be, but if you're patient, the deals are still there.

I think the hard part with finding this on eBay is it seems they're all pieces out so I have to buy every part individually, making sure I get everything from the same generation (seems like there was 2 or 3?)
https://www.truegether.com/listing....jVASXtPEKXprOqYfO2FDbZj7QB273QTUaAiVBEALw_wcB

Hell, if Camping World is going to hit you for +$700, may as well just pony up for the whole system from the manufacturer and get the better tow bar in the process.

https://nsarvproducts.com/products/...t_oLppng8g-iPeHqB_ZXH11rHHEkxMlMaAodGEALw_wcB

Edit: Disregard the 2nd link; after looking at it again, it's just the fancy tow bar. At first glance, I thought it was the brake + fancy towbar.

Fwiw its about the same price or higher everywhere I've seen so far... Haven't done SERIOUS looking yet but...

I do already have a tow bar that I think is exactly what I want as well

Reactions: RINC and DaveC
The D ring adapter from RoadMaster are too small for the mount from MetalCloak.

1000005300.jpg

I'm planning on just grinding the bumper mounted brackets a bit thinner. Would there be problems on using them for winch pulls if I made them a little thinner?

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman

This amazon one is the one I have, for 1" thick D-ring mounts. Do appreciate the help, these are all the blue ox/roadmaster ones I was mentioning though.

The blue ox ones are designed for 7/8" thick d-ring tabs, so they're even smaller. Seems like the metalcloak thing is wider than a traditional tab?

Reactions: reddvltj
This amazon one is the one I have, for 1" thick D-ring mounts. Do appreciate the help, these are all the blue ox/roadmaster ones I was mentioning though.

The blue ox ones are designed for 7/8" thick d-ring tabs, so they're even smaller. Seems like the metalcloak thing is wider than a traditional tab?

How wide is the metalcloak mount?

Just to make sure I'm understanding the Metalcloak tow points are wider than 1"? If that's the case I wonder if you could take them to a machine shop and have them trimmed down to 1" width up to the point where they meet the bumper? Necked down I think would be a little stronger.

Just to make sure I'm understanding the Metalcloak tow points are wider than 1"? If that's the case I wonder if you could take them to a machine shop and have them trimmed down to 1" width up to the point where they meet the bumper? Necked down I think would be a little stronger.

Turns out I can't read, I went and measured and the metalclock tow points are 1", I was wrong on which adapters I had. That's the easiest solution at least

Turns out I can't read, I went and measured and the metalclock tow points are 1", I was wrong on which adapters I had. That's the easiest solution at least

COOL glad you got it figured out and it was something EASY.... Been down that other road before and it's always a PITA trying to get things to work together.

Hopefully I'll be seeing you in June.

COOL glad you got it figured out and it was something EASY.... Been down that other road before and it's always a PITA trying to get things to work together.
Yep! It felt like something was off since these tow brackets used to be advertised as being for flat towing
Hopefully I'll be seeing you in June.
Hopefully! You can always just bring it out on the trailer non-operational and we can see those build thread updates real-time if it comes to it
;)