Bay Area California Noob

EastBayTJ

Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,

Just purchased a 2002 TJ Sahara that came with a detroit locker in the front, 4.56 gears, some external LED bars, Cold Air Intake, Winch, bumpers, 3in lift (just springs and shocks) and an after market deck. Very excited about this as it has just under 100k on it, manual and the cleanest interior possible for its year! Previously I have just been driving civics and purchased somebody else's XJ project a few years back that was filled with a bunch of little things and eventually sold it. With this TJ its my daily driver and bought it as getting to Mountain biking destinations is a bit easier in it.

Here is my list of future work to be done:

Maintenance-
Change oil (Check)
Flush the transmission oil (need help on where to buy mopar oil for this outside of the dealership)
Change Diff oil
Replace the Winch line (its got a bad kink in it)
Aluminum Radiator (looking to have a full aluminum, is the mopar full aluminum?)
Coolant
Thermostat
New socket for lights (grounding is bad)
Highlift Jack w/ mount
Optimal Battery

Upgrades:
33" tires
SYE
4-4.5" Rough country long arm kit
Extended SS Brake lines
Safari Carrier
Fenders
Side Step
Steering
Chromoly Axles
Double Cardan Drive Shaft
LED body flush tail lights

I don't plan for it to be a hardcore crawler, just something that looks great, and does some intermediate trails!

So Far I am having troubling finding the following:

Mopar Transmission oil
Mopar Diff oil (Is mopar even what I should use?)

Thank you for any help and thanks for stopping by!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

Get rid of the CAI and replace with a stock air box when you can they work the best.
Redline mt-90 gear box oil can be found on amazon the cheapest.
diff oil really can be had anywhere.
Stick with the stock radiator - plent of the heavy users here have no problem with them if they up to snuff.

There are plenty of write ups here for everything you want to do.

Welcome from up North just a little, deff check out the FAQ section,
We are all about function and building to what you like and use your jeep for... except snorkels and angry headlights

Reactions: rasband
Welcome fellow northern Cali Jeeper! And I hope you didn’t join just for rig of the month gift cert for free Jeep parts. That went away cuz somebody’s vag got sand in it lol

Post a pic of your rig. Would love to check it out and help ya along the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk