BDS, Teraflex, or OME

When I bought my Jeep, it had stock springs and 3" coil spacers. It had a significant rake, and it really looked bad. When I added the BDS springs, I also added the stock spring isolator to the front. The combination of all that seemed to level it out pretty well. I don't have the measurements off hand, so I'll have to take some for you.

I don't have any flat ground photos of my Jeep, so I'll have to take some of those too. When I bought it, I wasn't very good about taking before/after photos.

Sounds good. Let me know when you can I’d much appreciate it!!
And to be clear, you don’t have an SYE or DCDS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like aluminum. The mounted one appears to have been polished. Bet there's a huge weight difference over the more typical steel units. @StG58 could run one on his SE... :)
Aluminum doesn't necessarily equal lighter...I bet that Savvy bumper weighs more than a stock front bumper and some aftermarket bumpers. As an example, check out the difference in weight between steel and aluminum control arms. The aluminum CA's usually weigh more and are much larger in diameter.

Reactions: Squatch
Correct, I still have the stock drive shaft.

No vibes or issues huh. That’s good especially with the 3” springs in the rear. That’s my fear if I stay with the 3” in rear right now is a huge rake and driveline vibes. This is why I’m bothering you hehe.

No vibes or issues huh. That’s good especially with the 3” springs in the rear. That’s my fear if I stay with the 3” in rear right now is a huge rake and driveline vibes. This is why I’m bothering you hehe.

No worries! Zero vibes or driveline issues. Was a bit worried prior to install since the old springs had sagged quite a bit. I think I gained 1" in the rear and 1.5" in the front (before the front isolators were added).

How’s your rake front to rear?

Since we have different tires and different flares, we need to find a common point to measure rake. I chose to measure from the ground to the bottom of the tub at four locations: front of the tub (just behind the front tire, both sides), and rear of the tub (just in front of the rear tire, both sides).
  • Driver front: 22 3/8"
  • Driver rear: 23"
  • Driver rake = 5/8"
  • Passenger front: 22 1/8"
  • Passenger rear: 22 5/8"
  • Passenger rake = 1/2"
This is basically the factory rake, give or take 1/8" (and my ability to measure accurately). What is interesting is that I have a slight lean from left to right, which I have noticed on occasion. I wonder if I swapped the springs from side to side if that would level it out better?

I also measured all of the springs:
  • Driver front: 14.5"
  • Passenger front: 14.5"
  • Driver rear: 11.0"
  • Passenger rear: 11.0"
This shows that the rear is getting a full 3" lift, while the front is only around 2.5" from stock. If the fronts measured at 15", the rake would be practically gone. I'm surprised the spring measurements didn't show evidence of the lean.

It got dark before I could take photos, so that will have to be in the morning.

Since we have different tires and different flares, we need to find a common point to measure rake. I chose to measure from the ground to the bottom of the tub at four locations: front of the tub (just behind the front tire, both sides), and rear of the tub (just in front of the rear tire, both sides).
  • Driver rake = 5/8"
  • Passenger rake = 1/2"
This is basically the factory rake, give or take 1/8" (and my ability to measure accurately). What is interesting is that I have a slight lean from left to right, which I have noticed on occasion. I wonder if I swapped the springs from side to side if that would level it out better?

This shows that the rear is getting a full 3" lift, while the front is only around 2.5" from stock. If the fronts measured at 15", the rake would be practically gone. I'm surprised the spring measurements didn't show evidence of the lean.

Without getting all technical and going into too much detail, my front springs measure at 15 1/2” right now. They may come down once I install the rear springs. I’m at 7 1/2” in the rear plus 2 for the spacer. I actually have a rake to the rear of an inch or so.
Judging by this I’d be better off to go with the 3” springs in my opinion. I’m guessing that your rake is hardly noticeable.

• Driver rake = 5/8"
  • Passenger rake = 1/2"

There is a natural lean with the TJs. You could fix it with a 1/2 inch spacer on that side.

Without getting all technical and going into too much detail, my front springs measure at 15 1/2” right now. They may come down once I install the rear springs. I’m at 7 1/2” in the rear plus 2 for the spacer. I actually have a rake to the rear of an inch or so.
Judging by this I’d be better off to go with the 3” springs in my opinion. I’m guessing that your rake is hardly noticeable.

In my previous post, I meant to mention that I didn't include the spring isolators in my spring measurements.

True, the rake is hardly noticeable. See below. I took photos from both sides, and also flipped the Jeep around in case the ground wasn't perfectly level.

rake3.JPG
rake4.JPG
rake1.JPG
rake2.JPG

In my previous post, I meant to mention that I didn't include the spring isolators in my spring measurements.

True, the rake is hardly noticeable. See below. I took photos from both sides, and also flipped the Jeep around in case the ground wasn't perfectly level.

View attachment 30644 View attachment 30647View attachment 30640 View attachment 30642

Looks great! Thanks for that. I think I’m going to stick with the 3” springs based on your measurements and pics and also I will add larger tires in the future and other mods so it just makes sense for clearance and longer coils. SYE, DCDS, TT, BL, 35s eventually. Thanks again

nk24, I noticed some dents on your side top of wheel wells, what happened?
The previous owner added wheel spacers and extra wide fender flares. My guess is he had trouble removing the original fender flares and was literally prying them off with a hammer, denting the body and removing the paint in the process. The dents are all near a fastener location along the flare.

I tried repairing it with touch up paint, but the dents are pretty prominent.