BDS, Teraflex, or OME

588bba5332071cd8e6868849154438b9.jpg
I have a 12 mile loop that I take to work . This is the 3rd JK that I spotted and every single one is marked up with Teraflex stickers. I’m in JK/Tera country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What front bumper is that? I haven't seen that one before. Where did you get it? Cost? Does it have provisions for mounting a winch?

It's Currie's V-bumper that is no longer made. They stopped making their Rock Crawler line of bumpers back in 2010 or so. It does have an integrated winch plate and the hoop had a built -in fairlead mount that I cut out and replaced with the light tabs.

curriefront2.jpg

currie v-bumper hoop.jpg

Last edited:
It's Currie's V-bumper that is no longer made. They stopped making their Rock Crawler line of bumpers back in 2010 or so. It does have an integrated winch plate and the hoop had a built -in fairlead mount that I cut out and replaced with the light tabs.

View attachment 29941

View attachment 29942
Figures it's an out of production item. I absolutely love that look. Never seen one like it before. It just stands out from the crowd. Thin, sleek looking, compared to everything out there today. Guess I'm gonna have to scour eBay and such to see if'n someone has one for sale. Let me know if you ever consider selling it. And thanks for the response!

Reactions: dla
That Currie bumper would be pretty easy for any good fabricator to make. So you could have one made if you wanted!

That Currie bumper would be pretty easy for any good fabricator to make. So you could have one made if you wanted!
That's actually a great idea, @Chris. I have a buddy who runs a streetrod shop a few minutes north of me. I've seen $250,000 (yes, a quarter of a million dollars) rides come out of his shop. I'm thinking he has the talent to produce a rendition of that v-bumper. ;) I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the suggestion!

That's actually a great idea, @Chris. I have a buddy who runs a streetrod shop a few minutes north of me. I've seen $250,000 (yes, a quarter of a million dollars) rides come out of his shop. I'm thinking he has the talent to produce a rendition of that v-bumper. ;) I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the suggestion!

No problem! Just looking at that, it wouldn't be hard to make. There's nothing crazy about it in terms of the shape. Let us know if it comes to fruition!

Figures it's an out of production item. I absolutely love that look. Never seen one like it before. It just stands out from the crowd. Thin, sleek looking, compared to everything out there today. Guess I'm gonna have to scour eBay and such to see if'n someone has one for sale. Let me know if you ever consider selling it. And thanks for the response!
This Savvy one is very similar:
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/Savvy-...J-LJ-97-06-Ultimate-1-4-Aluminum-SAV-TJFU.htm

http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/Winch-Guard-for-1997-2006-Jeep-Wrangler-TJ-LJ-and-Rubicons-BMP-WGTJ.htm

http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/Savvy-Off-Road-Front-Bumper-TJ-LJ-1997-2006-SAV-TJF.htm

Reactions: Chris
I do like the Savvy bumper, but it's the V-shape (and the illusion of being slimmer, I guess) that I love about that Currie piece. I'm totally diggin' on that bumper, in a @Chris "Mopar Rock Crawler" bumper kind of way!

The Savvy one is a bit too short for me, but damn... those guys make some truly exquisite parts. The craftsmanship there is mind blowing. Is that all done by hand?

The Savvy one is a bit too short for me, but damn... those guys make some truly exquisite parts. The craftsmanship there is mind blowing. Is that all done by hand?
Looks like aluminum. The mounted one appears to have been polished. Bet there's a huge weight difference over the more typical steel units. @StG58 could run one on his SE... :)

Reactions: StG58
Indeed - that would be an easy to make bumper that one could either run with a stock or even a Curry Antirock sway bar. I could even make that but the longest time in making one for me would be to grind a bevel on the weld along the front since I could not bend it and would have to make it with a weld between the top horizontal and the vertical front. Of course if one could stack pretty dimes in welding all along there and that was an acceptable look then it would go fast vs grinding a bevel.

I have Teraflex rear springs 170 lb rated, the ride is good and lifetime warranty on their 3 inch springs. Teraflex 4 inch front springs 200 lb rated. I can speak personally of their customer service, it is GREAT!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have the OME LD 2” springs with a soft top. I’ve tried to keep my TJ light with alum skids and body armor but have steel rails, bumpers and 80# winch. With a 1” BL, I still have 5.5” of up travel. Granted the springs are still fresh with only about 2,000 miles. I rode in a two door JK with fresh Terra 2.0 springs and the were much stiffer on washboard roads. Just another opinion.

Reactions: Chris and Jay P
I've had BDS 3" springs and shocks for about a year and a half now on my 2000 Sport. They are night and day better than the sagging stock springs and whatever rough shocks the previous owner installed.

I don't really have anything else to compare them to, but I've been satisfied.

For reference, the tires below are BFG All-Terrain 33x10.5x15, which are actually 32.5".

View attachment 29845 View attachment 29846 View attachment 29847

How’s your rake front to rear? Any flat ground pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How’s your rake front to rear? Any flat ground pics?

When I bought my Jeep, it had stock springs and 3" coil spacers. It had a significant rake, and it really looked bad. When I added the BDS springs, I also added the stock spring isolator to the front. The combination of all that seemed to level it out pretty well. I don't have the measurements off hand, so I'll have to take some for you.

I don't have any flat ground photos of my Jeep, so I'll have to take some of those too. When I bought it, I wasn't very good about taking before/after photos.