Oregon Beach run, Pacific City

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Chris...

Nah, haven't yet. They were stacked three deep at one point though.

That place is like watching lemmings follow each other off a cliff. Of course the cliff in this case is where the concrete vehicle ramp ends.

Do you air down at all? I find I’m okay even without airing down. As long as I take it easy on the throttle.

Reactions: StG58
hw much would one of those condos/townhouses cost to buy?

At least 300k. Probably somewhere between 300k and 400k I suspect.

My aunt recently sold her smaller beach house in Pacific City for around 250k. It was 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a single car garage, built sometime in the 80s.

That place is like watching lemmings follow each other off a cliff. Of course the cliff in this case is where the concrete vehicle ramp ends.

Do you air down at all? I find I’m okay even without airing down. As long as I take it easy on the throttle.
Not today. The sand was damp and firm. When it dries out and gets fluffed up, I go to 8psi just 'cause. Haven't stuck the SE yet. It's so light, it just floats. Even on 31x10.50's.

Reactions: Chris
Not today. The sand was damp and firm. When it dries out and gets fluffed up, I go to 8psi just 'cause. Haven't stuck the SE yet. It's so light, it just floats. Even on 31x10.50's.

I hear ya. I always carry my VIAIR compressor with me, just Incase!

Reactions: StG58
I hear ya. I always carry my VIAIR compressor with me, just Incase!
Me too. Anything on 33x12.50's and TJ or older probably would never need to drop below street presure. Nice thing about Jeeps, not enough ground loading to get overly worried in the sand around here.

At least 300k. Probably somewhere between 300k and 400k I suspect.

My aunt recently sold her smaller beach house in Pacific City for around 250k. It was 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a single car garage, built sometime in the 80s.

I thought you would add another zero to that price considering it is on the beach!

I thought you would add another zero to that price considering it is on the beach!

You would think that, but beach houses in Oregon are hard sales mostly. Not sure why that is, but it took my aunt 8 months to sell hers. Now on the other hand, almost anywhere else in Oregon will sell within a week.

I would love to join in on this but you won’t find my Jeep on the beach close to salt water. You can never get all the salt out of the places that will one day cause you a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm an Oregon local so I would like to come. If it is on a Sunday that would be great. I'm about 3 hours away. Would be a great time and a great group picture of all the Jeeps in a row. Awesome just to think about it. :)
Wouldn't that be cool? Come on over, down, up, whatever. Pacific City is a great place for this sort of thing. Plus, I bet we collect some of the local Jeeps just by doing this.

I would love to join in on this but you won’t find my Jeep on the beach close to salt water. You can never get all the salt out of the places that will one day cause you a problem.

That's too bad, but I get it. I would suggest the parking lot but the blowing sand gets up there as well.

Reactions: bobthetj03
That's too bad, but I get it. I would suggest the parking lot but the blowing sand gets up there as well.

It would be fun to get together there but my Jeep has zero rust and I can’t see any reason to jeopardize that. You can’t ride on the beach without salt getting into the works and no car wash can get it all out.

Reminds me a lot of Pismo Beach. Can you camp on the beach there? Is there RV camping close by? That's about an 8 hr. drive for me. Pismo was 6hrs., so not much further.

Wish I could afford to retire in Bandon, Oregon. The wife and I were road tripping down HWY 101 with the idea of heading down into California. We got as far as Bandon, and absolutely fell in love with the place. Never went any further...just stayed there. Spent hours just walking the beach. One old gal asked her son to take a picture of me 'n her, as she wanted proof that Santa vacations in Bandon during his "off season"! LOL

Reactions: MikeM

You only live once, and you can't take your Jeep with you when you go :p

I'm an Oregon local so I would like to come. If it is on a Sunday that would be great. I'm about 3 hours away. Would be a great time and a great group picture of all the Jeeps in a row. Awesome just to think about it. :)

That would be nice to have you there! Hopefully it's a Sunday then that ends up being a nice, clear day!

Reminds me a lot of Pismo Beach. Can you camp on the beach there? Is there RV camping close by? That's about an 8 hr. drive for me. Pismo was 6hrs., so not much further.

I don't think they'll let you camp on the beach, but you can have a camp fire. There are places nearby (though not on the beach directly) for RVs, yes.

Reactions: bobthetj03
You only live once, and you can't take your Jeep with you when you go :p

That would be nice to have you there! Hopefully it's a Sunday then that ends up being a nice, clear day!

I will take my Jeep most places a Jeep can go, I’m not too worried about damage I can see and repair. Salt caused rust is hidden cancer I don’t want to deal with. Sounds like a fun “poser” event, nothing wrong with that [emoji6]