Fouledplugs

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
It's not a stretch to say that people these days prioritize a low price point over quality, fit, and finish of a wheel. But for what it's worth, I thought I would start a thread listing high quality beadlock wheels that are made in the USA using domestic materials. Wheel manufacturers have saturated the market over the recent years and I believe this to be cheap overseas sourcing of materials and labor. (total guess) Edit: verfied in post #7

I noticed that beadlock wheel manufacturers that use domestic materials and Amercian based labor don’t hide the fact or use any smoke and mirrors when explaining where they are made/sourced.

Feel free to help out if you would like, I only know of two (2) manufactures that are 100% USA made. These beadlocks are easily set apart from the cheaper Chinese branded wheels by the attention to detail and overall craftsmanship.

These two (2) wheel manufacturers don’t hide the fact where they are made and you get what you pay for with these, the attention to detail is obvious:

1. Innov8 Racing High quality American Made Forged Racing Wheels

2. Trail Ready beadlocks are superior to others on the beadlock market and made in the USA.
Post #36🆒
TR has a reputation for having a thicker center and are cast as a beadlock as opposed to taking a wheel and machining the lip off of it and turning it into a beadlock like some other brands do. Completely custom wheels, any bolt pattern can be supplied to the customer.

Raceline Wheels are made in China. Post #30
Walker Evans Wheels 15's are made in China. They use both Chinese forgings and castings.
Method Wheels are made in China and are known to have cracking problems.
AEV Wheels are made in China. Post #7
Hutchinson Rock Monster Wheels are made in China.
KMC Wheels are made in China.
BattelBorn Wheels are made in China.

Wheel manufacturers that chose to havw their wheels made in China are very selective with their statements and pretty shady when it comes to revealing things like where their wheels are actually manufactured. For example, there is no mention anyhwere on Walker Evans website as to where they build their wheels. And you will also notice they have no high resolution or close up shots of the back of their wheels on the site. If they did, you would notice the casting impression that states, “Made in China.” It just rubs me the wrong way when a company does this, as if they are hiding something...

What I have noticed recently, which is really interesting to me, is that if a wheel company is not made in the USA or lack the use of domestic materials, there will be no mention of where the company's wheels are made on their site or any of their ads. On the opposite side of the coin, if a wheel company builds their wheels in the USA, its all over their website and ads, one could argue; proudly.

In addtion to this pattern, I noticed that the American made wheel companies wheels are very high quality and little can be found that would be considered bad about them. The exact opposite is true for the wheels made overseas, plenty of mention of broken, cracked, and leaking wheels...

Last edited:
Just to update, Trailready cast (flow-formed) bead locks have gone to foreign (assuming China but it isn't specified). The forged wheels are still OOSA. Break out your checkbooks if you want to stay domestic.

WHERE ARE TR BEADLOCK WHEELS MADE?

For 18 years, TR Beadlocks wheels were the only cast beadlock wheel made in the USA. In 2017, our foundry partner, AEWC, by this time the last aftermarket wheel foundry in the US, closed its doors. In an effort to keep TR Wheels made here in the US, we poured a huge amount of effort and money into a motorsports/powersports foundry in the Midwest, but ultimately there were not able to meet the volume and quality requirement. Having exhausted the last possible domestic casting situation, we teamed up with MW Wheel. MW, operating as Weld Wheel, has a long history of US wheel manufacturing and also now has an international foot print in the wheel manufacturing business. With MW, we have moved our HD Series wheel to FlowFormed technology, which offers forged rim performance in a cast wheel. The rim is formed overseas and we do the machining along with all beadlock ring manufacturing in house at our facility in Mount Vernon WA. We are the only FlowFormed extreme duty offroad wheel available.
TR Beadlocks also offers our USAForged model that is 100% USA manufactured, and backed with the same one year warranty replacement warranty.

Noticed that WheelPros, the AmericanForce wheel company, is now making cast aluminum wheels in York, South Carolina under their new brand, "ForceForm."

Pretty cool to see an aftermarket truck wheel company pushing to keep castings in the USA. Hopefully it trickles down to other wheel manufactures and brings back some of the castings from China.

No beadlock updates, but maybe we will see some changes in the next few years.

Source:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...products-with-forceform-launch-301278882.html