Bedhed tweaks a CJ Scrambler

And then came the roll bar cover. What a pain that started out to be. I'm not sure if there was something that I overlooked when ordering the part or not. But, after spending a couple hours stretching, heating, pulling zipper pulls off, and cramping by fingers, I finally realized what the problem was. It never occurred to me until AFTER I was walking by another Scrambler there, that this one was sporting a much larger bar. The cover simply was not going on. Not with the 3/4" padding anyway. The roll bar of the other one was the standard size that I commonly see on Jeeps. I can probably go back and find the measurements, but the roll bar I was working with had a diameter that was roughly 2 inches larger. So, I had to start thinking and get creative. I came up with a hopeful plan, and made a trip to Wal-Mart. It worked! It worked perfectly!

Materials:
Bestop Sport Bar Cover
1/4" Flex Foam Stabilizer

This is as it came, with the supplied 3/4" foam padding.
IMG_20190412_143753953.jpg

You will see the final result in one of the later pictures. The 1/4" padding that I picked up from Wal-mart saved the day.

The last pieces to finish this up, is the new dash pad and bikini top.

Parts:
Omix-Ada Dash Pad
Bestop Bikini Top

IMG_20190413_154738964_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20190413_130633364.jpg

IMG_20190512_161639541.jpg

After getting it cleaned up and painted, I made use of the 3/4" roll bar padding for adding color to the logo. Just sprayed the paint onto the foam, then lightly dabbed it on until it was fully covered.
IMG_20190522_010918233.jpg

Reactions: Hog
I'd never used those specific Clarion speakers before, but I was pleasantly surprised. I had read through some technical reviews that gave the full specs comparison for several brands. Among them all, the Clarion came in either second or first on the list. They worked perfectly for this job. Extremely loud and zero distortion. I was happy, and he was happy. Win, win.

Attachments

• received_369975390296042.mp4
    3.2 MB
Awesome, love that and great work....very skilled. You might be asked to do more as the word spreads.

Reactions: bedhed
Amazing work! Not too many "Craftsmen" still out there. To many folks just have the skills to order from a catalog and bolt on bits and bobs. Hopefully you have someone to pass on your skills to.
Thanks! Hopefully so. I don't have kids, but I do have a young nephew that I can see the potential in. Hopefully he recognizes it and chooses to take advantage of it. Fingers crossed with that one.

Reactions: Dustoffdax