Besides Jeep'n, what else do you?

Been thinking about the same on my Honda. I bet I put 500 miles on it this year is all. To many people out there who dont pay attention, riding just isnt fun for me anymore because of it.
I'm in the same boat, 500-1000 miles at best and for the most part it is just an expensive toy sitting around collecting dust. I love riding that thing but I agree that no one pays attention anymore. I have been debating it for a couple years now and I think it will go away next year. Maybe......

RV'ing....Thats my other hobby too.... (quick stop for an afternoon nap)

View attachment 62314
I totally dig those! But DAYUM!!! $$$
After the kid is done and gone, the wife and I have talked a lot about getting similar to your Benz van and hitting the road for a couple years. But I will likely get something that I can tow the Jeep with

What length is yours? 27'ish?
Ours is a 32' and I dont care for it much. Way to big for our needs, but when we were in the market for one, the dealership I work at took it in on trade and had been sitting in the back lot for almost 6 months because they didnt know what to really do with it. I picked it up on a screaming deal. Its just way to long, most state parks I can't get into. But I do love the outside entry door to the bathroom. And the second slide out in the back bunk room is nice for my daughter and her friends she brings along
Mine is a 30 footer and 33' overall. I haven't had many issues getting it in anywhere but it does get cumbersome moving around sometimes. We wanted one with a slide out for when the kids/grand kids are with us but it is too big for us the majority of the time if I am honest with myself. I do love it though!

Reactions: TJDon
EF2C86FA-41A5-421C-8E23-B9CDEBCEEC4F.jpeg
7781679D-6EF8-4686-9FC3-0A810EE4B2C4.jpeg
3A76D1C9-0C47-427B-8533-EA48AE8C4DE8.jpeg
35687B59-6C04-4285-84AE-528B5FAB96D5.jpeg
35904B1E-693D-415A-999C-1A1BACAF27F0.jpeg
79DF5374-323F-46EE-86D7-596CE8BA1BE1.jpeg
Ceramics is one of my ADD hobbies here are a few some finished some in progress.

2E0A85BD-73C5-4110-ABA0-820BF5430F2C.jpeg
Wherever one finds inspiration to unleash their inner Hieronymus Bosch. No, haven’t seen the show on Japanese potters, studied Shoji Hamada in college, but now I’m got to look for that show. I have been lucky enough to travel across China visiting artists and their studios, seeing their work is very humbling as they are the very definition of patience. One friend carves crystal this piece weighs 5 tons and was 8 years in the making.

Our love of the mountains has always been our hobby. The Jeeps came about as a byproduct of getting us there and back. Camping and kayaking are my familiy's main pastime. We own a tandem kayak as well as 2 singles, we do it every chance we get spring thru fall. When winter comes, we head to the same mountains, only ski and snowboard down them.

DSCF1273.JPG

20180704_153804a.jpg

WP_20160821_16_06_58_Pro.jpg

20180927_100148_resized.jpg

20170410_174030.jpg

Last edited:
My other expensive hobby is playing music. I started with guitar, but I transitioned to the Banjo (and a bit of Mandolin) due to my love for Bluegrass. It's amazing how much money you can spend on some of those instruments.

Aside from that, I spend a lot of time and money remodeling little things around out house. It takes a long time to get stuff done since I'm busy with our two little daughters, but eventually I'll get it all done!

I can sorely empathize with the $-outlay on instruments.

Meet "Thelma" and "Louise" :O)

Thelma and Louise - Guild and Fender.jpg

1988 Rhode Island-made Guild JF-30 and 2011 Fender American Standard Deluxe Strat

Reactions: abart
No, It’s been a couple of years since my last trip, I hate the flight over there too long to sit cramped up in coach. One of my wife’s best friends has written a dozen books on China’s jade carvers and thats How I know them. I was looking through pictures trying to figure out the last time I was at the crystal guys studio and I guess it was in 2012.

Apart from my Jeep I love cars in general..Old school Hot Rods and Rat rods, anything pre'49 are at the top of my list...Drawing and sketching cartoons... have done a few personal birthday cards with them as a cartoon in there favourite car or bike.
Enjoy MTB and getting out in the Surf, bungy jumping and the occasional parachute jump....if it looks dangerous or high up count me in haha

My life right now is college. Barley have time to do anything. Even more heartbreaking hardly any $$$$ to put into my jeep. :nusenuse: I do enjoy camping. I love the water maybe cause I’m a Pisces:tiburon:

This is NOT the difficult part. This is what I call the investment period into your future. Early 30's to late 40's, balancing career and family. If you're lucky, once into your fifties, your family acknowledges your sacrifices.

Enjoy your current freedom.