Best Adjustable Shocks for Desert Dune Driving

DuneSeeker

Been saving up for a set of King Shocks for half my life and now that I'm ready to take the plunge they have a wait time of 6-12months!!

I've got a TJ Sport with a 2.5" lift and 32" Tires which I use for desert dune driving where we are doing high speeds and big dunes at times and need to maintain good traction.

My rig is quite light. No roof and half doors only. No rear seats.
My back ends up flying around a lot when we hit bumps as a result and that is where I tend to lose momentum.

Watch this video to get a feel:

I would like a good set of Adjustable shocks so that I can soften out the ride when I'm on the highway and make them stiffer depending on what kind of dunes we are doing. Was wondering what the best options are outside of King for my TJ. Most of the guys out here are riding JKs with Fox shocks but I have not been too impressed when Ive tried out their JKs. Maybe it would be different in a TJ.

I have been recommended Bilstein but their shock lengths are not matching those of my ride for some reason and they don't seem to have adjustables. (I want to adjust the shock stiffness not the height)

Any recommendations for what kind of Adjustable shocks would be right for this kind of offroading in a good ol TJ.

thanks!

Reactions: J R and srimes
Adjusters or not, Kings, Foxes, Radflo, whatever are only as good as the tune. Adjusters won't do much to fix a poor tune.

The reason we see so many Fox 2.0 on outboarded TJs is because they aren't too big to package with stock axles and they can be tuned to work well, despite being a little too small for the typical weight of a TJ.

I bet that is fun and gets wild

I would love to get to the Moreed Dunes some day. Some of the builds those guys have are incredible and they drive it like they stole it. I love to hear those valves float, nothing like it. I thought Glamis was crazy until I saw those guys on youtube. The Liwa hill climb competition is unbelievable. You guys in Dubai have some incredible off road skills too.

Thanks guys. Come join us anytime and you can borrow my rig to fly the dunes. It some of the most fun high-speed offroading you can do in jeep. Travel to Dubai is very easy right now - only requires a Negative PCR test and no quarantine to enter. Weather is perfect from November - March.