Best firewall location to feed wires?

phucit1

Hey everyone! JUST purchased my first Wrangler & I’m looking to upgrade my stereo & was curious if anyone has recommendations on the best place to run an 8 gauge wire through the firewall. Any pics, tips, & tricks would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I don't have any photos, but there's a few locations on the driver's side up around the pedal assembly. That's where I fed my wires through. They were easy to spot, and they already had rubber boot seals around the existing wires, so it made for a waterproof install.

Per Chris's suggestion above, look above and to the right of the gas pedal for a grommet that plugs a hole used by the automatic's shifter cable. Drill a small hole in that rubber grommet, don't actually permanently remove it, then pass your wires through the hole you drilled. Drill the hole just big enough for the wire(s) to pass through snugly.

Or use a sharp knife and make a small slit. But that is by far the easiest place I found to run wires through the firewall

Hey everyone! JUST purchased my first Wrangler & I’m looking to upgrade my stereo & was curious if anyone has recommendations on the best place to run an 8 gauge wire through the firewall. Any pics, tips, & tricks would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Do you have an automatic or manual?

I routed my amp wire through the plug as others have suggested. Drilling a hole through it roughly the size of your wire is the way to go. I had some extra 3M Strip Caulk (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PEZ1L4/?tag=wranglerorg-20) sitting around, so I put a bead around the wire on the plug in the engine bay just to make sure now water came through. Stays pliable over time, so you can always remove it. Don't remove the plug in the firewall if you don't have to. Sucks to put back in, don't ask me how I know.

2AF4228B-B882-4E89-A4B3-9C4BFF9112BD.jpeg
ADB6CA16-8A13-495E-B8E5-B4EA713ED012.jpeg

Thanks for the tips! I found an opening above the secondary battery tray, on the driver’s side of the firewall. It was in a perfect location to run power wires under the carpet. No cutting or drilling was necessary.

Reactions: Dyl