Best Front and Rear Locker for the Money?

James Kitt

I have a 99 Red TJ.

I have an trussed and the worked 8.8 and dana 35 with 4.88 gears on 37 nittos.
Its strictly a project jeep and I want to put some kind of locker in the front and rear but not sure cause I dont want to break my bank because I got bills and I want to finally take it out on the trail and enjoy it but atleast have something in it.

I was thinking a lunchbox locker but I have heard mixed results. It really wont go on the highway, turning at high speeds so I'm not too concerned with the POP and them not unlocking. At the same time I'm not sure at all and wanted some opinions.

Thanks!

IMG_1359.jpg

If it ain’t a daily, I say weld the rear or get a drop in spool and lunchbox the front Dana 30. Go ridding!

Edit: I have a welded Dana 35 on 35s. I don’t bump shit to hard, and I don’t let it bounce when it’s looking for traction and it’s held up. I daily mine and it chirps the rear tires when turning in certain parking lots, but it ain’t bad. Make it much further than all my friends on the trails.

Reactions: James Kitt
You need that Jeep in the readers rides section, looks cool.

I'm very happy with the torq master lunchbox locker in my front diff. Handles well, does not effect road handling at all when not in 4x4 and works great on the trail.

I have a Lock-Right in the front 30 and a Detroit in the rear 44. The rear will chirp when driving around town, but I also live in the city of Atlanta so there's lots of slow, tight turns. They both lock up every time I need them and have no issues driving them on the highway/at speed.

Best lockers for the money are ARB or Eaton E lockers hands down. Selectable lockers are well worth the money and effort. I have personally owned or still own ARB, Eaton E locker, Detroit full case locker, Ox locker and an Aussie locker. I will continue to buy Selectable lockers for my future builds.

Hey people. Here is some updated pictures of the Jeep below.
This week I took off the rear plastic crap flares and also the rear shocks (they were useless since truss kit brought mounting points higher).

I need to buy new rear shocks and look into how I want to cut this rear.
Im thinking of using something along the lines that the tape marks out (not exactly what tape shows, just a rough sketch). Tell me what you think. I did flex out the rear and I stopped flexing it before any tire to metal contact was made because the roof inside the barn wasnt tall enough lol.

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5241.JPG

Before taking rear flares off.

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

I have a 99 Red TJ.

I have an trussed and the worked 8.8 and dana 35 with 4.88 gears on 37 nittos.
Its strictly a project jeep and I want to put some kind of locker in the front and rear but not sure cause I dont want to break my bank because I got bills and I want to finally take it out on the trail and enjoy it but atleast have something in it.

I was thinking a lunchbox locker but I have heard mixed results. It really wont go on the highway, turning at high speeds so I'm not too concerned with the POP and them not unlocking. At the same time I'm not sure at all and wanted some opinions.

Thanks!

View attachment 90415
Looks like you may have ready broken the bank to run 37's :):) I agree ARB's all the way I have had them in my YJ for years and love them