Best M/T tires for a rock crawler in 2021

The Nitto are 9 lbs heavier.

I would've gone with the MTR if I could've found a set. Found the Nitto first and have been wanting to try them. I've heard they last longer and aren't as much trouble to balance or keep balanced.
You sure about that? Last I looked the C rated MT/R versus the E rated Nitto, there was a 20 lb weight difference. Maybe you’re talking about the E rated MT/R?

You sure about that? Last I looked the C rated MT/R versus the E rated Nitto, there was a 20 lb weight difference. Maybe you’re talking about the E rated MT/R?
They're 37's, D rated. Weight is according to America's Tires website.

Maybe the 35's are different.

We can't run a 37" tire on the Exo-gate without something along those lines. Just can't handle the weight no matter how we adjust them.
I was just eyeballing this as a temp fix until your machinist gets on schedule. how tight is it wedged in there, wondering how it affects opening/closing?

I was just eyeballing this as a temp fix until your machinist gets on schedule. how tight is it wedged in there, wondering how it affects opening/closing?
It does rub on the support a bit when opening and closing. Still not really more difficult to open or close.

They're 37's, D rated. Weight is according to America's Tires website.

Maybe the 35's are different.
Okay, I’m talking 35s, that’s why. The weight difference is 20 lbs with the 35s which is crazy to me. With 37s though I don’t think they even make a C rated.

Reactions: suicideking
Okay, I’m talking 35s, that’s why. The weight difference is 20 lbs with the 35s which is crazy to me. With 37s though I don’t think they even make a C rated.

Correct, only D load range for the 37's.

I believe there's very few 37's available in C range. The ones are saw weren't tires I'd be willing to try.

Correct, only D load range for the 37's.

I believe there's very few 37's available in C range. The ones are saw weren't tires I'd be willing to try.

Once upon a time I looked too and couldn't find a single 37" tire in a C rating that was something I'd be willing to try. So yeah, I feel you on that one!

Reactions: suicideking
Why did you have to link that? My head hurts now.
I was pricing out driveshafts because of Wildman when I saw them and said

wtf.gif

I’ve been running the Maxxis Razr’s for about a year, and although I have been happy with them, they are not holding up well to abuse. After the last couple of wheelin’ trips they have several cuts through the outer layer of the sidewalls, and some nasty chunks there as well. Now I do run them hard, but my previous Krawlers lasted 10 years under the same abuse.
I also have a few cuts on the outer layer of the sidewall on my Maxxis Razr's. I got in same good rock out in the Palo Duro Canyon. I do like the tires so far but a little concerned about the sidewall cuts.

IMG_0782.jpg

Reactions: PRNDL and Tldelaney
Had anybody run the mickey baja pro XS tire?

Im thinking about going to it next year in the 35” they make
Jeep is just a trail rig but i do drive it to and back from the trail.

They’re a soft tire but I dont put many kms on the jeep these days,

My thoughts are the compromise of road driving and wear will be worth it for the performance

Why do people hate the Patagonia’s? Serious question

For me they have been great but I know I’m not putting them through the stuff y’all do.

I put low miles on them (not a DD)
They are extremely quiet
They are fairly cheap
Not much aggressive off-roading for me

For me they have been great but I know I’m not putting them through the stuff y’all do.

They are extremely quiet
They are fairly cheap

Dude, go to the Patagonia tire review thread, Mr. Patagonia has been banging some guys' wives or girlfriends because the hate runs hella deep! lol I'm actually in the same camp you are, I bought the Pats when they were cheap (not anymore if you check prices!) and had low expectations for a 35" tire at $146 but they've actually been fantastic on the Rubicon and other N. California trails. Will probably try something different next time because they're now just as expensive as BFG and other 35" MT tires. Besides, I've bought stuff from Blaine but never met him or been to his place and I want to be able to park in his f'n driveway!! lol

All joking aside, this thread delivers and it's maybe better than synthetic oil debates on the old motorcycle forums, but I did get something good out of it with the picture of that hitch mounted tire support. That's a pretty damn good idea and I'll need to fire up the Hypertherm plasma cutter and Miller welder this weekend and come up with something similar.

Dude, go to the Patagonia tire review thread, Mr. Patagonia has been banging some guys' wives or girlfriends because the hate runs hella deep! lol I'm actually in the same camp you are, I bought the Pats when they were cheap (not anymore if you check prices!) and had low expectations for a 35" tire at $146 but they've actually been fantastic on the Rubicon and other N. California trails. Will probably try something different next time because they're now just as expensive as BFG and other 35" MT tires. Besides, I've bought stuff from Blaine but never met him or been to his place and I want to be able to park in his f'n driveway!! lol

All joking aside, this thread delivers and it's maybe better than synthetic oil debates on the old motorcycle forums, but I did get something good out of it with the picture of that hitch mounted tire support. That's a pretty damn good idea and I'll need to fire up the Miller welder this weekend and come up with something similar.
I didn’t realize the price had gone up. If I was trying to put some mileage on them I’d definitely go another route but I can hear my jams at 70 mph with the top off 😎 😂

Reactions: afmoto

They are extremely quiet
They are fairly cheap
I’ve seen a few sets and these are the main things:

1. Rapid wear
2. Poor grip rock crawling, at least in CO and I assume elsewhere. My KO2s were connecting significantly better than the Pats.
3. Quality issues like losing entire lugs
4. The writing on them looks childish