Best Mud Terrains

If they would only come back with the Q78 !!!!!!!

Gateway Buckshots and Swampers every thing else is second best in the mud!!!
I had P 78 15 mudders on a K/5 Blazer back in the day. worked great in mud, rock, deep snow.
The morning my wife and I where going to buy Q78 15 Mudders , we found out we were going to
have our first kid !, We were freaked out a little and didn't buy the tires to save for the baby.:D:D

Reactions: John Cooper
As mud tires go, I have been interested in the Nexen Roadian MTX and the Yokohama Geolandar MT G003. Does anyone have an opinion on either of these?

Here in NW Fla (or as some call it LA or lower Alabama), there is plenty of mud, beach type sand, and hard pack. Not much in the way of elevation changes.

Last edited:
How do those handle on the street, what kind of mileage do you get out of them? Mine isn't a DD, but I don't have a trailer and drive it to and from.
Fine on the street.

See the bad rap a swamper got was being biased ply on heavy trucks.

They flat spot overnight and the compound being a little softer than most wears a tad quicker...again on heavy trucks.

On these little Jeeps.. fuhgetaboutit.

Keep em rotated and you'll get just as much usable life from them as any of the already mentioned.

See...a mud tire...yes even the above listed trendy names...once they wear like shit.. they emit bad behavior. Don't kid yourself...all MT tires with bigger lugs..once they get worn wrong it's magnified.

I'm telling you, if you want the very best mud tire, REAL mud tire...the two I showed above are the very best you can get. Bar none.

And yes you can drive them on the road up to and over the speed limit.

My last set were 36x12.50 x15..

Actual measurement was a 35.9 x 13.3 x 15

They were amazing. 80 mph up the hwy....ridiculous traction off road...
Ok in rain. I mean he'll it's a Jeep we don't speed in the rain or drive like an F1 car.
Safe and the toughest sidewall you'll find.

Deep snow is like deep mud. They're great.

Hard pack...no mud terrain is good. But again in a light Jeep you should be driving on the hard pack snow in 4wd to which it doesn't matter. Slow is your friend when slick.

You can buy other trendy tires, it's your bread, but if you want the best I've given you the two very best and drive fine on the road to get there and back.

Thinking swampers MUST be trailered is the dumbest thought ever. I mean no sarcasm but thats just bullshit. They drive the road fine. Keep your components in good condition and rotated and you'll get good life out of them.

I'm sorry I have 2 tj's. My sport came from the slims ball state of Minnesota where if they got in flakes of snow in three's counties they bring out 43 trucks full of salt and continue to salt till the 4th of July.
Because I knew that what a frame that was actually rusted in half in replaced that frame and swore I would never let if ever see another flakes of snow.
Because of that I can't tell you how my ONe are on snow.
Sorry

So I ended up going with the Dick Cepek Extreme Country’s and I have got to say I wasn’t looking to make the road noise go down but man was I shocked. It’s so quiet in the cab now it’s scary haha. Perfect for thick Florida mud and sugar sand while also working great on the streets. 10/10 highly recommended.

Attachments

• BCBB313A-8B33-4015-806B-99C51CD80F51.jpeg
    BCBB313A-8B33-4015-806B-99C51CD80F51.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 4CD7BE3D-6C9A-44BA-9822-E95CEC1AF40E.jpeg
    4CD7BE3D-6C9A-44BA-9822-E95CEC1AF40E.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 381816B5-DE33-45B4-98DE-D7DAB709C94B.jpeg
    381816B5-DE33-45B4-98DE-D7DAB709C94B.jpeg
    584.5 KB · Views: 97