Best on-off road shock for dailey driver

Poor dad lol

View attachment 408780

Edit: Super awesome of your father-in-law to drive 6 hours in order to let you keep having fun. I assume he knew he'd be doing this before you even left. lol

I left the dump trailer hooked up to the truck

He didn't think we'd make it down the freeway before the transmission went.

I sure do appreciate the rescue.

We just got the truck and dump trailer stuck in foot deep snow doing a trash pickup... dismantling two abandoned RVs 30 miles back in the woods. Didn't expect a foot of snow in March.

IMG20230319214841.jpg

IMG20230319214742.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: MikeE024
Those who use Currie bump stops will notice that they do not have a definable hard stop, unlike the factory bump stop cups. The only usable purpose of the Currie bumps is to slow travel speed. When we build shock mounts, the shock defines the limits to travel.

This helps me better appreciate Blaine's efforts in setting up my shocks to maximize travel in both directions. I previously thought the Currie stops prevented the tires from eating my fenders when it's the shocks as the limiter (as you mentioned and Blaine definitely told me).

I assume the ~3/4" thick ring on the bottom of the piston shaft aids a tiny bit more in slowing the shock travel speed down as well. It's super neat how much these items can elastically deform.

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 1.34.18 AM.png

Reactions: jjvw
This helps me better appreciate Blaine's efforts in setting up my shocks to maximize travel in both directions. I previously thought the Currie stops prevented the tires from eating my fenders when it's the shocks as the limiter (as you mentioned and Blaine definitely told me).

I assume the ~3/4" thick ring on the bottom of the piston shaft aids a tiny bit more in slowing the shock travel speed down as well. It's super neat how much these items can elastically deform.

View attachment 408783

What’s the tube in the spring?