Best options to fix up interior?

Roughly $300 for the fronts and $300 for the rear, without any customization. I dont recall paying that much, but I got mine 4 years ago, and they still look new. 4WD.com carries them so sometimes you can find a sale. https://www.bartact.com
I highly recommend these. I too struggled with the price initially but will say the quality can't be beat.

I called bartact directly and asked about sales or discounts. Said they really can't due to agreements with their retailers but pointed me to northridge4x4.com who was running 10% off of their covers. Would suggest trying the same to see which partners they're supporting and then order thru them.

I have a 2005 GMC Sierra that needs upholstery and wish they made covers for it. After owning these, I'd go that route over upholstery any day.

Reactions: AndyG
Out of curiosity why would you opt for covers over a reupholstery job? Price or quality or?
Bartact really is a seat cover that functions like new upholstery.

in one sense is almost what you would want one of these vehicles to have from the factory.

It looks fantastic it's easy to clean and it fits so nice and tight.

Really it doesn't even compare to other seat covers...I'm not trying to oversell the product but I'm telling you it's just like getting a brand new pair of seats in the perfect material with a really handsome look.

Bartact really is a seat cover that functions like new upholstery.

in one sense is almost what you would want one of these vehicles to have from the factory.

It looks fantastic it's easy to clean and it fits so nice and tight.

Really it doesn't even compare to other seat covers...I'm not trying to oversell the product but I'm telling you it's just like getting a brand new pair of seats in the perfect material with a really handsome look.
I like the factory leather in my Sahara, but I can’t afford to have them redone and they need it. Bah

I like the factory leather in my Sahara, but I can’t afford to have them redone and they need it. Bah
I have always really liked the Sahara packages.

Nice.

And don’t get me wrong I like the Bartact covers, but I can’t spend the money on em. I love the MOLLE and cordura fabric.
I really had to choke it down to buy them... I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

Out of curiosity why would you opt for covers over a reupholstery job? Price or quality or?

Sorry, I should have qualified that statement a bit.

Reupholstering the front seats means leather to match the rear (which don't need to be redone). Much more expensive, tough to get a spot-on color match to 14 year old rear seats , and we sit on towels much of the year as the leather makes you sweat - which then degrades the leather.

For the quality, durability and comfort, I'd rather spend $300 for covers that look and perform better than cloth or vinyl upholstery that would cost $500 -$700 or the $1,000 I'm going to wind up spending on the leather.

Reactions: skrelnik and AndyG
$10 stitch on leather steering wheel cover will fix your steering wheel and make it look newer than stock. Amazon or ebay.

Door panels have to be gotten from a junkyard try www.car-parts.com it's where all the junkyards put there stuff.

Also look into 03-06 seats at car-parts.com. They are the newer style. And bolt right in if you get the full bracket with the seats. They run about $400 depending on where you live.

Try ACC carpet. Google it and check out their website. Even order samples. Actually do order samples cause the pics don't match. And then buy on Rock auto. It's the best carpet they make for Jeeps. And it's alot less expensive than Bedrug.

Ok so for the steering wheel, some companies sell leather it’s not too hard to cut and re upholster a steering wheel.. I’m planning on doing it soon when I get more time. I recommended the bed rug carpet... it’s super cheap and you only need to buy the front section from amazon. It’s easy to install and perfectly fits. For the doors, I’m planning on doing the same, I masked off my dash and painted it and it looks super fresh. I’ll send pictures if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02140d0e01a6e5d12f252de93e59276a.jpg
bf8a649523a1fa9d3b3e588092249bab.jpg
76b564c409affd2f65cf27d8f17d39d4.jpg
43ed0b9b75051c9f1ad209e3056dd292.jpg

Ok so for the steering wheel, some companies sell leather it’s not too hard to cut and re upholster a steering wheel.. I’m planning on doing it soon when I get more time. I recommended the bed rug carpet... it’s super cheap and you only need to buy the front section from amazon. It’s easy to install and perfectly fits. For the doors, I’m planning on doing the same, I masked off my dash and painted it and it looks super fresh. I’ll send pictures if you want.

What color paint did you use for your dash? It looks like it matches the stock pretty well.

My dash was shot similar to photos above. I prepped and used Rustoleum Painters Touch rattle cans from Home Depot. It bonds to plastic and claims to be UV resistant.

It has been a few months so no long term results but looks awesome. “Nutmeg” is pretty close to “spice”.

Reactions: SafariRumbler
My dash was shot similar to photos above. I prepped and used Rustoleum Painters Touch rattle cans from Home Depot. It bonds to plastic and claims to be UV resistant.

It has been a few months so no long term results but looks awesome. “Nutmeg” is pretty close to “spice”.

Yes same as I used

If you paint be sure to clean the dash handle inside because oils from hands make the paint sticky. I don’t know how to fix mine because it’s still sticky

Thanks for the help so far everyone, it's really appreciated.

One additional question; I'm looking to add a light bar to the hood, on the existing hood latch bolts. I found the mounts for them, but I'm having a hard time finding a good light bar that doesn't cost a fortune. Any suggestions for a cheap but reliable / bright bar?

Thanks for the help so far everyone, it's really appreciated.

One additional question; I'm looking to add a light bar to the hood, on the existing hood latch bolts. I found the mounts for them, but I'm having a hard time finding a good light bar that doesn't cost a fortune. Any suggestions for a cheap but reliable / bright bar?

Harbor freight has a good knockoff