Best roll bar covers?

I'm taking mine off now. Prefer the naked bar look. 2006 Rubicon. Black. In good shape. I think PO must have always had a top on. I'm way up in NY by Saratoga. If anyone wants them cover shipping and they are yours. Have all the foam too. Although that will take up a pretty long box to ship. Either way, if someone wants them.😁
if you still have these let me know. ill pay the shipping

You know, this might sound silly, but I removed my roll bar covers a while ago and you know the biggest thing I noticed? I have a lot more vision looking out the side. Especially when you are on the road and going to change lanes and look over your shoulder out the side window. I usually have the hard top on most of the time. I have left the covers and padding on the bars beside my head though! The one that goes to the windscreen.

When I traded my 2000 TJ in for a brand new 2003 Rubicon one of the first things I did was replace all the roll bar covers with a set from a pre-03 model. Next thing I did was swap the seats for a set from an 02 model. It made the interior feel much bigger with the old stuff.

Fast forward a decade when I picked up my 05 TJU I did the same thing with the seats and roll bar covers. Last year I picked up an 06 TJU and swapped the seats within a few days but still haven’t swapped the covers yet.

I have an 06 LJ and have been looking for covers everywhere. Everyone says they have em' to fit the unlimited, but they don't! I ordered one set from BestTop for $160 and they were super nice - except they didn't fit so I returned them. I ordered a set from Smittbilt for $138 with Molle webbing. Very nicely made and look like they would be awesome, except they don't fit either (returning them now). For the quality of the materials I think they are both pretty good. If anyone has a suggestion for an LJ I would love to hear it!
Buy 2 sets and join them.

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the roll bar padding from 97-02 & 03-06? I see Bestop sells some specific to each and wasn't sure what the deal was. Are the roll bars thicker tubes for the 03-06's?

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the roll bar padding from 97-02 & 03-06? I see Bestop sells some specific to each and wasn't sure what the deal was. Are the roll bars thicker tubes for the 03-06's?
The roll bars are the same but the 2003 and up TJ’s had a high density foam pad over the bar which the padding covered adding about an inch to the overall diameter of the finished bar.

The roll bars are the same but the 2003 and up TJ’s had a high density foam pad over the bar which the padding covered adding about an inch to the overall diameter of the finished bar.
Ok so is there any reason the 03-06 padding would not fit on the 97-02 bars?

You ever find out the answer to this? Looking to replace the pads on my 97 TJ
I believe the answer was that the later models have thicker or thinner padding which would then have a different fit, I’ve had no one to confirm to this either but that’s what I was told. Still believe they would technically fit...

Last edited:
"The roll bars are the same but the 2003 and up TJ’s had a high density foam pad over the bar which the padding covered adding about an inch to the overall diameter of the finished bar. "

This is the answer from above. Later model padding was much thicker. This is why I just bought an almost new set of 03-06 padding and covers for my early model '99 TJ. Mine are sunbleached. But I also wanted that thicker look. And the extra safety. I'm 6'3". So my head comes very close to the bars. I asked @Jerry Bransford before I bought them.

Reactions: EJD
They will fit.
Hi,

Just to clarify, the bar sizes are the same, but the padding is a little thicker on the 03-06? So, if I bought a new sport bar cover set from bestop made for the 97-02 model, would that work on the 03-06? They for some reason dont make spice colored sport bar covers for 03-06, only for 97-02...

Hi,

Just to clarify, the bar sizes are the same, but the padding is a little thicker on the 03-06? So, if I bought a new sport bar cover set from bestop made for the 97-02 model, would that work on the 03-06? They for some reason dont make spice colored sport bar covers for 03-06, only for 97-02...
I dont know about aftermarket. Just oem. I put 03-06 on my 99. The padding worked fine. But i did have to trim the foam.

I dont know about aftermarket. Just oem. I put 03-06 on my 99. The padding worked fine. But i did have to trim the foam.
Did you drill holes for the newer foam in the older bar or use the covers to hold it in place?

I'm ditching my poison spyder and original cage to go back to stock. Have an older bar ready but haven't bought covers yet.

Did you drill holes for the newer foam in the older bar or use the covers to hold it in place?

I'm ditching my poison spyder and original cage to go back to stock. Have an older bar ready but haven't bought covers yet.
I used blue tape to keep the padding in place. Then the cover over it. Some of it may have attached to the bars iirc. Not sure. I did have to shave part of the foam to get it to fit right.

I'm taking mine off now. Prefer the naked bar look. 2006 Rubicon. Black. In good shape. I think PO must have always had a top on. I'm way up in NY by Saratoga. If anyone wants them cover shipping and they are yours. Have all the foam too. Although that will take up a pretty long box to ship. Either way, if someone wants them.😁

Do you still have them and are they from a LJ if so what is the cost to ship them to lawrenceville Ga 30043