Best shock for stock TJ that isn't Bilstein?

2006TJ

Supporting Member
I understand the supply line issues with foreign parts these days, so if anyone could give me a good option for stock shocks on my old beach shake and bake I would be grateful.

haha yeah that's always an option....don't need overkill like the 9000's. Really having an issue with out of stock bs

I understand the supply line issues with foreign parts these days, so if anyone could give me a good option for stock shocks on my old beach shake and bake I would be grateful.
If you’re stock height, the Bilstein 4600 is a great shock. It’s the 5100s that you generally want to avoid.

The 4600s worked perfectly for me for around 90,000 miles.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019HYM2X2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

good options for my Tj thanks....it's pretty much used for fishin and the coast ....last crawler i had was a 74 Bronco sport so no need for hd suspension

🤫

"If you can tolerate the Bilsteins, that will invalidate any discussion you and I may have from now on. 🤣 They are quite possibly the most annoying damper I've ever used.

Folks tend to brag about how nicely they eat up the larger events while failing to mention accurately in the same breath they are real handy at determining if a quarter is heads or tails simply by passing a tire over it.

Small event harshness is quite annoying to me.

For the record, my opinion of Bilstein has probably irritated more folks than should be legal and I just use their opinion of them as a barometer to show how well they judge ride quality."

mrbaine