Best shocks for 2” lift?

The Rancho RS5000X has the best pavement ride of any bolt-on shock in my opinion.

Reactions: astjp2
I recently installed a ProComp 2" lift with @JMT s help and installed the Rancho 239s and 241s.
You will like this setup on and off road... here's a pic..

20181201_111543.jpg

I still miss the hell out of my previous Flame Red '97 TJ... stolen about ten years ago.
Me too-——-It is actually a richer red than what the photo shows-————
For whatever reason the Flame Red just look the best IMHO. Here’s mine all cleaned up a month ago.
1DF55FA9-D326-4D2B-A175-2694B6D9339D.jpeg

will Rancho RS 5000X shocks fit my TJ with a 2" lift???? do they offer the best on pavement ride??
The Ranchos run a little long, so at 2” of lift you won’t be riding at the top of the travel. They do ride well on road with our TJ’s. You really can’t beat the price either. I’d paint them though. The paint is crummy.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband and JMT
It is a 1.5 to 2" body lift and LT 245 75 R 16 tires 29.5" tall-—--they are 10 ply so I would like to trade them for 6 play tires and could go to 30" tall tires-——-and Jerry-—-that's the info I needed-—--thank you-———

Reactions: JMT
It is a 1.5 to 2" body lift and LT 245 75 R 16 tires 29.5" tall-—--they are 10 ply so I would like to trade them for 6 play tires and could go to 30" tall tires-——-and Jerry-—-that's the info I needed-—--thank you-———
Oh ok, so no suspension lift. Yes those are still the correct shocks. And don't worry so much about the ply count, just go with Load Range C tires. Avoid D or E load ratings.

Reactions: JMT