Best speedometer fix for Rubicons in 2024?

Arthurius

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I recently put 33" tires on my Jeep and have noticed the speedo is off by about 5 mph at highway speeds. What is the best speedometer fix tool for a 2006 Rubicon? Thanks for any advice!

Options:
The options all do the same thing - generally speaking - but at different price points and different difficultly levels for adjustment. I believe Blaine preferred the JET device in the past, but has had trouble with them in recent iterations. I can't recall who specifically, but i know the other options have been used on the forum as well.

EDIT: looks like the JET might have been discontinued.

Last edited:
thanks @PRNDL I recall @mrblaine having a bad time with the JET units.

I will probably shoot for the speedoDRD or the Yellow Box, largely based on price. If anyone has had any issues with these two id love to hear it!

thanks @PRNDL I recall @mrblaine having a bad time with the JET units.

I will probably shoot for the speedoDRD or the Yellow Box, largely based on price. If anyone has had any issues with these two id love to hear it!

I've had good luck with my speedo healer for almost three years. The install is easy, but it's important to smartly route over the transmission staying clear of pinch points and the exhaust...mine is wire loomed for added abrasion resistance.

FWIW, the screen is connected to the side of my PDC and has held up well to vibrations and summer/engine heat. I haven't touched it since setting it up using a GPS app.

Screen Shot 2024-05-22 at 2.48.25 PM.png

Last edited:
EDIT: looks like the JET might have been discontinued.
4WP looks to have discontinued carrying all Jet Performance Products items. It is still listed as available on the Jet website as well as several retail websites. I can't speak to current QC of the product, though.

Reactions: PRNDL
the absolute best one is FREE. I have the same set up and my speedo is off by about 10% ! so if i'm running 50 my brain knows to adjust it to 55 ! if I'm running 60 it says "HEY YOUR DOING 66MPH ! NOW if you need more corrections or your from ALABAMA you probably need to use a calculator :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: NOW y'all from ALABAMA probably need to watch a few videos on using a calculator 1st !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just installed the Jet AccuSpeed and it works fine so far. I wired it into my wire loom near the PCM, drilled a hole in the firewall(scary) and mounted it in the glovebox area. It was easy to calibrate and it is holding the setting well.

Reactions: L J
I have the same set up and my speedo is off by about 10%

I have been doing that since installing the tires at the last oil change. Then I realized my odometer is affected too and I want to make sure my mileage-based maintenance schedule doesn't get put off.

It may be overthinking it but it's the little things that get ya!

My Speedohealer has worked fine for seven years/33k miles. I agree it's probably not the most intuitive to configure, but hey, if I figured it out I would guess that most can.

IIRC, it's no more difficult than doing the math to correctly determine your MPG when the gearing is off.

I tracked mine for a while and realized it’s a fools errand

View attachment 529048

Can confirm.

I've got a renewed "justification" for my sickness since significantly raising my 3-4 and 4-3 shift points (based on throttle %) and seeing my MPGs increase.

I'm now using a schedule that plays really well with the turbo by keeping me in 3 unless I'm basically off the throttle in town or going around 60+mph. In town, 4 smoothly kicks to 3 by barely pressing the throttle, yet holds boost in 4 at highway speeds like it should.

But, I'd still be checking my mpg regardless...I have specific pumps I prefer to go to for repeatability. It's fun for me...and I'm an idiot.