Best spot to wire a remote wire for amp?

Luke g

I’m thinking about installing a sub and amp into my TJ, I have a question on the best spot to route this wire for it to turn on, on ignition. I’m new to the audio world and was wondering and open to suggestions ?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Dallas. If you were up this way I'd help you. There's plenty of youtube and forum help on here if you get stuck and need help.
What head unit are you using?
What size amp and what sub are you running?
You are running your main power wire directly to the battery with a fuse near the battery? Ground wire as short as possible to a good bare metal ground location?

Dallas. If you were up this way I'd help you. There's plenty of youtube and forum help on here if you get stuck and need help.
What head unit are you using?
What size amp and what sub are you running?
You are running your main power wire directly to the battery with a fuse near the battery? Ground wire as short as possible to a good bare metal ground location?
i’m thinking about purchasing a 10inch JL sub the 10w102 and pairing it with a jL audio 250/1. my head unit is the MEX-100bt, and thanks for all the help

Your amp will need:
  • inputs (speaker or line level) from the head unit
  • remote turn on wire from the head unit (can be small)
  • 12V positive wire directly from the battery (check amperage requirements for thickness/gauge)
  • negative ground wire (probably same gauge as the positive). I ran my under-rear-seat sub ground wire to a bolt in the cargo area.

Nothing wrong with the amp you chose but if you want to save some room you can get the clarion XC2110. Its a lot smaller I just put one in my wifes JL and it pushes her kicker 10 perfectly. I put the XC2510 in mine to run all 5 speakers and it rocks. Plus the clarion is marine rated so it is water resistant for when you accidentally get rained on. They are also small enough fit under the dash.
Just to give you some other options. Also spend the money on good power wire. Get pure oxygen free copper not copper clad aluminum.