Best tires for 15" wheels?

Pfarmer

Supporting Member
I absolutely love my MT/R Kevlar tires. Where I drive has tons of very sharp rocks, stumps and other tire attackers that have killed many tires, but not mine.

I also like my 15" wheels. Goodyear decided I don't need those (35X12.5R15) tires anymore.

What are the best options for either a 33" or 35" on 15" wheels that are comparable to the MT/R Kevlar? .

On a side note, does anyone know why Goodyear discontinued those tires?

Thanks - Paul.

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
MT Baja Boss
tires003.jpg

I absolutely love my MT/R Kevlar tires. Where I drive has tons of very sharp rocks, stumps and other tire attackers that have killed many tires, but not mine.

I also like my 15" wheels. Goodyear decided I don't need those (35X12.5R15) tires anymore.

What are the best options for either a 33" or 35" on 15" wheels that are comparable to the MT/R Kevlar? .

Thanks - Paul.
Ditto, I couldn't believe I couldn't find a single replacement MT/R for nearly a month. My local Discount Tire store finally found one across the country and had it trucked in for me at no charge.

Why restrict your search to 15" wheels? Personally I'm considering a change to 17" wheels since I'm fairly convinced of the MTRs for what I like to wheel (and haven't been convinced by other tires yet). Though I am cautiously interested in the Micky Thompson options

They haven't discontinued the MT/R as far as I know. They discontinued the MT/Rs available in a 15" wheel. As to why ... lack of demand. How many vehicles in the marketplace have 15" wheels anymore?

Seems the market is moving towards 17" wheels.
I know the 35's I have for 16" wheels have been discontinued.

I love my Cooper STT’s. They are still offered up in a 15”. I have 35x12.5

I want to try a load range C for my next tire. Options for a 35x12.50r17 seem to be limited, at best. Plenty of options for a 15" wheel. I currently have 17" Ion Alloy's that I will eventually be selling and moving down to a 15".

I want to try a load range C for my next tire. Options for a 35x12.50r17 seem to be limited, at best. Plenty of options for a 15" wheel. I currently have 17" Ion Alloy's that I will eventually be selling and moving down to a 15".
You'll have to share your opinion when you do, I found the difference to be overhyped.

Reactions: SouthernLJ
Will do. I've always liked 35s on 15s. It's classic. I've had my eyes on set of STT Pro's, and those only come in C for that size.
I agree, I like the look and performance. Some folks don't love the bubbly look, but you can break that up with your wheels. I did black wheels, probably the wrong decision but that won't matter when I go to 17s. 😅