Best TJ review out there... (humorous)

Ha that was pretty good, its narration was great. I had to laugh at one early part in the video though... he shifted into 4x4 just because he was turning on to a flat dirt road. My wife's lumbering 2wd Lexus would have had no problem on that dirt road lol.
LOL.. maybe he was expecting some serious dirt round the next corner lol. My wife wants a lexus for her next car, was hoping she would want a jeep so we can have his and hers but she's not buying it..

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
... My wife wants a lexus for her next car, was hoping she would want a jeep so we can have his and hers but she's not buying it..
I have to say my wife has had two Lexuses and both have been pretty much flawless. Best quality cars we've ever owned. Her first one was a 2002 LS-400 and it never had a single (!) problem. Her present LS-430 has only had one problem and that is with its passenger-side electric door lock failing. I was going to replace the electric lock mechanism until I figured it required a PhD to get inside the door to replace it lol. Oh, its front power port (cig lighter) is dead too so she has to plug her phone into the back aux power port, I can't figure out how to get inside the console to fix that either. But in 300k miles between them, I figure that's damned amazing reliability. :)

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Awesome video. I am glad I got the last of the real Jeeps (Red 2006) and will always be it's only owner. Per this link red was the last color to roll off the assembly line. It is not mine but I sure am glad I share the color with it :thumbup:
http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/06july/jeep_toledo.asp
cheers to that!!! I just wished I would have gotten one sooner and not waited until I was 49..
Same here...I've been in Ford F-250 mode since the late 80's. Then sitting in traffic a couple of years ago, thinking I'm king sh*t in my cumbersome, good luck trying to park in a normal spot, V10 gas sucking pig, with the moonroof and rear slider open. A topless/doorless jeep pulls up next to me, the guy and his girl were all smiles, feet hanging over the sill, like they just came back from the beach, And i thought to myself...WTF! that is what freedom looks like. And it dawned on me that I had it all backwards...The hunt for my 1st TJ began right then and there

Reactions: Haust and JMT
I have to say my wife has had two Lexuses and both have been pretty much flawless. Best quality cars we've ever owned. Her first one was a 2002 LS-400 and it never had a single (!) problem. Her present LS-430 has only had one problem and that is with its passenger-side electric door lock failing. I was going to replace the electric lock mechanism until I figured it required a PhD to get inside the door to replace it lol. Oh, its front power port (cig lighter) is dead too so she has to plug her phone into the back aux power port, I can't figure out how to get inside the console to fix that either. But in 300k miles between them, I figure that's damned amazing reliability. :)
Wow. That sure is impressive reliability. Yeah, getting into consoles can be a bugger. Had to to it once on a Ford I had. But gotta love that Japanese quality but American made came a long way too.

Ha that was pretty good, its narration was great. I had to laugh at one early part in the video though... he shifted into 4x4 just because he was turning on to a flat dirt road. My wife's lumbering 2wd Lexus would have had no problem on that dirt road lol.

I kind of derided at that too..:hmmm:

Wow. That sure is impressive reliability. Yeah, getting into consoles can be a bugger. Had to to it once on a Ford I had. But gotta love that Japanese quality but American made came a long way too.

The Japanese make good stuff. Completely different than Chinese made items, and similar to Taiwanese made! But, I will always be "A Made in America" guy.

Reactions: Germanshepherd
The Jeep Wave ranking is, obviously, flawed if they put the YJ before the TJ! I mean, *come on*... square headlights?!? ;)

My mom's Lexus has been flawless as well! She loves it.
She likes my Jeep also, just not that she needs a step-ladder to get in and out of it :)

Nice Avatar..where was that taken?
That's up in Humboldt county along the Avenue of the Giants - it's the Chandelier Tree!
The jeep won't fit through it anymore after the lift and tires, though.
Glad I did it when it was still at stock height! Really great place to go - the Avenue is fantastic!
http://www.drivethrutree.com/home.html

Same here...I've been in Ford F-250 mode since the late 80's. Then sitting in traffic a couple of years ago, thinking I'm king sh*t in my cumbersome, good luck trying to park in a normal spot, V10 gas sucking pig, with the moonroof and rear slider open. A topless/doorless jeep pulls up next to me, the guy and his girl were all smiles, feet hanging over the sill, like they just came back from the beach, And i thought to myself...WTF! that is what freedom looks like. And it dawned on me that I had it all backwards...The hunt for my 1st TJ began right then and there
I was an F250 guy too. Last one was an 05 gas with the 5.4L Triton. It served a purpose, but what a hunk a junk. It was in the shop all the time! I couldn't wait to sell it. I didn't really need all that truck anyway. A small trailer can haul more than a truck bed. The day I got my Jeep was a whole new world. Truck sold for almost what I paid for it (I got a good deal initially through an auction). Thank God.

I was an F250 guy too. Last one was an 05 gas with the 5.4L Triton. It served a purpose, but what a hunk a junk. It was in the shop all the time! I couldn't wait to sell it. I didn't really need all that truck anyway. A small trailer can haul more than a truck bed. The day I got my Jeep was a whole new world. Truck sold for almost what I paid for it (I got a good deal initially through an auction). Thank God.
totally agree.. I had an 06 F150 with the triton motor. worse vehicle I ever had. all 8 plugs were seized and my tune up ended up being 800 bucks. still trying to get some $ back from the ford spark plug settlement class action lawsuit which basically is a joke.
it was starting to rust, power windows were failing, kept throwing codes, some days all the electricals would die such as lights, radio and the battery light indicator would pop up but 3 shops could not find the cause.
had a rough idle even after the tune up, blender doors did not work right on the hvac and so much more I cant even think of.
I was always a Ford guy. I still love my mustang but done with Ford.

"It's an old engine, but it has a happy spot"

E7A723F6-D47D-4CB5-924A-BE23C6867E65.png

Bwahahahahaaa!!!

Reactions: Chris
I was a bit distressed when I learned that we over paid for our '04 by 10%. Then I realized that we are now owners of one of the last real jeeps! And after dropping another few K into it, we couldn't be happier Now, what to upgrade next?...