Best way to stop suspension travel?

cwkerr007

If there are dips in the roadway or if i have my small utility trailer my tj acts like it is on a cartoon ACME spring way to much travel needs to have stiffer springs or something you guys are up on this i don't want it lifted and it is all original 97sahara 4.0 no mods .. What do i need?

Shocks. Bet yours are shot.

You could try the football trick...stuff them inside the springs and use them as overload airbags. Adjust pressure as needed.

-Mac

X3. it sounds solely like your shock absorbers are worn out. A good riding mid-priced shock absorber is the Rancho RS5000x. Shocks are easily replaced on a TJ if you are mechanically inclined, you don't even need to jack it up to replace them. You just need a ratchet wrench and a couple smaller wrenches. It's a one-banana job.

Reactions: Neal
X3. it sounds solely like your shock absorbers are worn out. A good riding mid-priced shock absorber is the Rancho RS5000x. Shocks are easily replaced on a TJ if you are mechanically inclined, you don't even need to jack it up to replace them. You just need a ratchet wrench and a couple smaller wrenches. It's a one-banana job.

At least until you snap off one of the upper rear mount bolts. ;)