Bestop replaces the soft top tramp stamp with Jeep branding

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
A little late for me but for those avoiding a new Bestop soft top because of the Bestop reflective logo.. No need to any longer...

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 08.50.44.png

Nice, no doubt that cost Bestop plenty to be able to place the Jeep name on their tops.

Probably close to what it cost Jeep to have the Bestop name on their Jeeps. 😂 just being stupid- in all seriousness that has been a long running partnership and I’m glad to see the logo change. Really that “Jeep” logo should have been on the factory tops already in my opinion, to distinguish them as the premium factory top vs all the competition, and Bestop on the others they sold.

Bestop has the category dominated as well as anyone in any industry has been able to “own” a category. That is a good place to be as a manufacturer. When the aftermarket IS the factory top you are in a sweet spot.

That gets AndyG approval. With 1.09 that’ll get ya a coffee, in some places.

Last edited:
Nice, no doubt that cost Bestop plenty to be able to place the Jeep name on their tops.

If it did, they suck at negotiating. Hey Jeep, would you like some low cost advertising? For 10 bucks a top, we'll put your logo in a prominent place where everyone can see it. Pennies per 1000 views. Well that, and as a long time OEM supplier of all things soft top for Jeep, I suspect it was a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I will admit to some oddities in that relationship though. Bestop developed the door surround on the TJ and the belt rail system. They could not make a top that used it until the patent ran out. That's why all the early tops they made for the aftermarket up until about 2004 or so had those funky wire frame door surrounds. Talk about poor negotiating, that one sucked.

So the TJ owners are still stuck with the tramp stamp... meh.

Reactions: MikekiM