Beware Cheap Wild Boar Grab Handles

Grabars installed with grommets. I think it turned out pretty good. Plus, these things are rock solid steel. I don't love the price, but I love them. By the way, I ignorned measuring and eyeballed the location.

20191028_202116_HDR.jpg

20191028_205933.jpg

20191028_210258_HDR.jpg

20191028_212515.jpg

I installed a set of Wild Boars purchased on Amazon two years ago and they have been fine. I hang off mine pretty regularly and they don't have any flex or movement. Maybe counterfeits?

I'm about to order some of these. It would be ironic to get a counterfeit of a Chinese part.

I installed a set of Wild Boars purchased on Amazon two years ago and they have been fine. I hang off mine pretty regularly and they don't have any flex or movement. Maybe counterfeits?

I get the impression that the Wild Boars brand likely has several different manufacturers that it uses for their products, which would explain why impressions of their products vary so greatly. Either that, or a different model. The ones that @Squatch talked about seem pretty different from the ones in the video.

It's tough to find good products these days. Even if you find something that has a lot of great reviews, it's still possible that the reviews are fake or that the product just doesn't have enough consistency to give you the same experience that other people had.

If you search Amazon and eBay you'll see that there are two types of generic bars. The first set with stamped steel that the tube is inserted in to and the steel plate type that the bar is welded to. See @Squatch photo. I'm sure everyone that happy with their bars has the second set. There seemed to be a few brands names associated with the same bars other than Wild Boar. It might be worth doing a generic search to see if there is another cheap brand selling the better bars with the plate steel.

I get the impression that the Wild Boars brand likely has several different manufacturers that it uses for their products, which would explain why impressions of their products vary so greatly.

That's probably it. I ordered a set of Wild Boars earlier this year and they're stout. They both get used a lot and haven't gone anywhere yet

I ended up working on Christmas eve this year. Besides the time & half, the boss gave each of us a $50 spiff. I blew it on some steel handles from Amazon & a skid plate for under the steering box. The handles showed up today & are the WildBoars like everyone has mentioned. Luckily they are the sturdier version. I'm pushing 225 & they aren't flexing much at all when I lean on them. Should be all good. And certainly better than the chincy velcro handles the PO had on there.

WildBoar.jpg

Reactions: taylormade73
Ordered some steel grab bars from Ansite on Amazon for $29. Got them today and they say Wild Boar on them not Ansite. So I'm figuring just a reseller. Well, watch the video. Not sure why these are doing this after hearing some of the positive feedback from the forum.

View attachment 121694
Yikes that’s terrible. I had to go out to the garage and check mine. I can hang so all good. Mine look different that yours.

image.jpg

If I recall, the Wild Boar grab handles I bought have a much thicker steel mounting plate that definitely wasn't stamped steel, as yours appear to be. I was actually impressed with how stout mine are. I wonder why the difference?
Same here. I have the wild boar brand, but they are built totally different than the ones in Taylormade's video. Mine are actually pretty stout.

My wild boars do the same thing. They are cheap, they are going to break…get what you pay for I guess.

Amazon is notorious for knock-offs, and knock-offs of knock-offs. And amazon warehouses make it worse by pooling inventories of multiple vendors selling the same item. Multiple vendors will send their stock of the same item to amazon to store, and amazon puts them all in the same "bin". When one of those items is sold on the amazon site, a worker just pulls one from the common bin, and the sale gets credited to whichever vendor the buyer had selected. It's very easy for someone to register as a vendor on amazon, ship them a bunch of flimsy grab bars that get thrown in with the rest, and double their own profit while others will get faulted for the poor quality.

• Sad
Reactions: Squatch
I bought a cheap wild boar set at first from Amazon and had to return them because they were junk. I believe the reason some people like them and others do not is because of the inconsistency of cheap Chinese steel. With the pair I bought, one mounting plate was solid as a rock and the other flexed as if it were made of aluminum. That's the difference in steel quality from one batch to the next and why some flex and some are solid all coming from the same company.

I returned them and spent the extra money on the USA made Grabars and have been very happy with them. To me the consistent quality was worth the extra cost.

Amazon is notorious for knock-offs, and knock-offs of knock-offs. And amazon warehouses make it worse by pooling inventories of multiple vendors selling the same item. Multiple vendors will send their stock of the same item to amazon to store, and amazon puts them all in the same "bin". When one of those items is sold on the amazon site, a worker just pulls one from the common bin, and the sale gets credited to whichever vendor the buyer had selected. It's very easy for someone to register as a vendor on amazon, ship them a bunch of flimsy grab bars that get thrown in with the rest, and double their own profit while others will get faulted for the poor quality.
Yikes. 😖 hard to trust anything anymore. Sad