Bilstein 5100 tire cupping

PlayitLeo

Looking for some advice on tire cupping. Took my 2000 TJ in for an alignment and they said I have some slight cupping up front. The shop said probably due to the shocks - I have BIlstein 5100’s all around. The shocks are 5 years old and probably have about 20k - 30k miles on them so I don’t really think they’re shot. They said that they’re probably too stiff, which could lead to cupping.

Any thoughts on that? Could the cupping also just be due to not rotating the tires enough?

*Admittedly I haven’t rotated for a while and have been towing the Jeep behind my RV for about 6k miles and have put on another 2-3k on the Jeep itself.

I have BIlstein 5100’s all around... They said that they’re probably too stiff, which could lead to cupping.

Any thoughts on that?
I have Bilstein 5100s as well. I find them to be very stiff and will be looking for a better solution once I'm confident that my steering challenges are worked out. I have had inconsistent wear on my tires to the point that I can only use airsoft pellets to keep the ride somewhat smooth. Prior to your post, I hadn't thought about the shocks being a problem affecting the tire wear.

I had no idea, but it makes sense. Any way to cure that, or just keep rotating them?
Not sure this will help but I don't flat tow anymore. I bought a trailer.
20160530_135020.jpg