Black Jeep, White Hardtop

The Rolling Stones had a great hit ........ Paint it Black
I sang that tune as I typed that!
Keep it for awhile and see if it grows on you. You might find some ways to complement it well and have a unique in a good way TJ.
That’s a crazy good deal on a hardtop
It sat on Facebook marketplace for 3 days until I could go get it, I thought at that price, it would have been sold. He was asking $300, I think the damage scared a lot of people away. I have the equipment at work to fix the fiberglass. I should have no more than another $100 in it for repairs.
Neither, gray would look cool. Not too dak, not too light, will blend with the Canyons.
I debated this color as well, I'm a fan of gray or colors in that shade. My Harley was charcoal gray and black, super sexy.
I like the white. Looks classy in a way a tuxedo does. Not sure if you understand what I'm saying lol.
Are those vents in the back? Who made this hardtop?
It is an OEM from a 01, at least that's what I was told. Fits perfectly on my 03 although the wiper/defrost connector is different. Easy fix, just need to find a new/used connector to solder on. I agree it does look fancy, kind of like t-shirt tuxedo fancy.
Do you remember Tennessee Tuxedo? When I saw you're in Tennessee, it made me think of the cartoon. There's your Jeep's name! ;)
That is awesome, going to keep this in the decision-making process.

Reactions: Squatch and JMT
Reminds me of the CJ days. They often had a white top with the white rims. My wife’s first vehicle, a ‘78 CJ7, was powder blue with the white top and wheels. Looked great. I’ve been meaning to dig up a picture to post.
That is exactly where my mind went when I first put it on the Jeep, I've tried looking for "black wrangler with white hardtop", and returned very little results.

If I got a white hard top in good condition, I'd probably rock it in its original color. I'd probably want to accessorize something else on the car with white though, just to tie it all together. Maybe a nice hood decal.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Has anyone done a "How to" about refurbishing a hardtop? If not, and if anyone cares, I'll make sure I document my progress when I start the process. It may be a bit uncommon for most since I have access to some legitimate fiberglass equipment. Might give some good info about the process for reference.

Reactions: Head Lice
I'd keep it. Black tops on black jeeps are boring...

I like mine MUCH better with the Spice Soft top. Didn't realize I would like it so well, until after I installed it.
tBrn0qzaO0w505fguq5yB1l99XJ1jAAy33tzVDuOxd-H3Tk8qDDyH3il9YRQkC-aKac_EhbpOdumQadQJ9=w1129-h635-no.jpg

Keep the top white. Those are really hard to find, and it looks really good on your black Jeep. You got a hell of a deal as well!

If it is in good shape, I'd probably rock it. It will reflect the sun and be cooler than black. Might also look good with white wheels like these Cragar. Might look sharp with it.
cragar-series-310-wheels-crag-3105812-rp_5966.jpg

Reactions: S.McArthur
I say have the Canyons painted Stone White to match the hardtop.

Add the "name" of your jeep in white on the hood where the rubicon decals normally are. Custom decals are cheap. You can also get white Jeep decals and X decals cheap for the sides. Easy and inexpensive to tie it all in. Then the white wheels if you want to go all out.

Add the "name" of your jeep in white on the hood where the rubicon decals normally are. Custom decals are cheap. You can also get white Jeep decals and X decals cheap for the sides. Easy and inexpensive to tie it all in. Then the white wheels if you want to go all out.
I was going to say exactly the same.....then you making the white top a feature....Looks great.
Maybe add a pair of these too hehe
dice.jpg

Possible names for your TJ.
1. Tux
2. Checkers
3. Magpie
4. Snoopy
or my favourite seeing as its Black and white...call it 'BALD EAGLE" very patriotic and it pays homage to the Golden Eagle..:D

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ
You lost me here buddy, explain why you need to name who?
It was suggested he may want to name his TJ in white lettering and put it on the side of the bonnet (Like a Rubicon) to tie in the white top with something else that white on the Jeep....so I came up with some ideas. :p (I've edited it now)

I love black and white or black and grey.
Nothing contrasts like B&W

Could just do a stripe on the side of the hood if you don't want a name.

But, since @Kiwi TJ started it, you could call it:

>Yin Yang
>Ebony & Ivory
or my favorite
>Negative (like old school film)

I love black and white or black and grey.
Nothing contrasts like B&W

Could just do a stripe on the side of the hood if you don't want a name.

But, since @Kiwi TJ started it, you could call it:

>Yin Yang
>Ebony & Ivory
or my favorite
>Negative (like old school film)

Love the name 'Negative'