BlueDriver OBDII Bluetooth Scanner

Yea I agree that most of the time a cel will come on if there are codes. However sometimes no lights are on and if you run a scanner on your vehicle a code still pops up. The blue driver (and others like it) are also cool for the live data they provide. More so than just a scanner, it’s a step in the direction of a more high end scanner that cost quite a bit more than these do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I agree that most of the time a cel will come on if there are codes. However sometimes no lights are on and if you run a scanner on your vehicle a code still pops up. The blue driver (and others like it) are also cool for the live data they provide. More so than just a scanner, it’s a step in the direction of a more high end scanner that cost quite a bit more than these do.

I want to know what that $100 scanner does that my $20 bluetooth one doesn't? I don't mind spending money but i cant seem to find out the reason for the high price.

Reactions: ac_
I want to know what that $100 scanner does that my $20 bluetooth one doesn't? I don't mind spending money but i cant seem to find out the reason for the high price.
X2. My Bluetooth reader was under $15 and the Torque app was $5 several years ago. I can see live data from every sensor that the PCM spits out.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Boinked
I have not used any scanners with the torque app, so I can’t really give you feedback on what this one does that is supposed to be better. It provides live data, and examples of what could be causing a code. As well as ways to fix it, in the order of what others have said was the solution to the same code.

When I bought this scanner I think I looked at the app reviews and went with this one for that reason, I got a 50$ gift card for amazon from my work so I only paid 50$ so that helped soften the blow.

I do enjoy using it, it’s pretty smooth with all its functions. One day I know I will get around to ordering a scanner that works with torque just to give it a shot. Then I could provide a better comparison

My check engine light is off. When I turn the key in the switch quickly on-off-on-off-on, I get a P-xxxx (4 digit number) error.
I've read that they can be cleared by disconnecting battery.
I bought the BlueDriver to provide support (read and clear) for those P-xxxx errors and it seems that it doesnt read them at all.
do you know of another scanner that can read those P-errors?

So from what I can tell is that Apple has some sort of Bluetooth issue so it won't sync up to bluetooth devices. i think this has some proprietary software that will sync with apple or android. I think that is why it is more expensive and is different than your android torque setup. I am seeing companies that have one that is bluetooth and one that is wifi, The wifi works with apple, android, and windows, but apple doesn't work with the bluetooth ones. For some reason this will work with either. Maybe you can connect either wifi or bluetooth which means it possibly has dual radios with would make it cost more. It probably does the same stuff as yours once it is syncd up. So if you have an android and torque like I do it is probably not any better, but I have an iphone too so it might be nice to have something that does both for me.

I would consider it, but some of the reviews are complaining of having monthly fees and fees for upgrades. If that is the case, I will just stick with android and torque.

So from what I can tell is that Apple has some sort of Bluetooth issue so it won't sync up to bluetooth devices. i think this has some proprietary software that will sync with apple or android. I think that is why it is more expensive and is different than your android torque setup. I am seeing companies that have one that is bluetooth and one that is wifi, The wifi works with apple, android, and windows, but apple doesn't work with the bluetooth ones. For some reason this will work with either. Maybe you can connect either wifi or bluetooth which means it possibly has dual radios with would make it cost more. It probably does the same stuff as yours once it is syncd up. So if you have an android and torque like I do it is probably not any better, but I have an iphone too so it might be nice to have something that does both for me.

I would consider it, but some of the reviews are complaining of having monthly fees and fees for upgrades. If that is the case, I will just stick with android and torque.

Yea I have always had iPhones and I have no issues connecting to any Bluetooth devices. As for monthly fees on the BlueDriver app, I have never had any of those either. The way it’s set up is the app is 100% free, but you buy the device that connects to it. Idk if back when the app first came out if maybe there was monthly charges, but for myself and the whole last year I have owned it I have ever been asked to spend any money or pay for an update to be able to continue using it.

Reactions: ac_
Yea I have always had iPhones and I have no issues connecting to any Bluetooth devices. As for monthly fees on the BlueDriver app, I have never had any of those either. The way it’s set up is the app is 100% free, but you buy the device that connects to it. Idk if back when the app first came out if maybe there was monthly charges, but for myself and the whole last year I have owned it I have ever been asked to spend any money or pay for an update to be able to continue using it.

Yeah from what I was reading comparing the devices it seems like the Iphones/ipads were having trouble connecting with bluetooth so they made special wireless ones just for the iphones, but the issue is that if you are connected via wifi then you have no internal internet on your iphone at the time. Also the androids can connect via wifi but the bluetooth devices other than the you posted do not work with the iphones. It states that in the description of the devices. (other than yours) I am happy to know yours is cross platform.

Just wanted to share with you guys this awesome scanner I ordered from amazon.. it connects too your phone and gives you live data from your pcm.. it was 100$ so It’s priced within range of the normal garage mechanic.. if your looking for a obd scanner that does a little more than the normal pulling codes I would recommend this.. it also saves your codes and data so you can bring it up later. View attachment 27298

Will this scanner monitor my camshaft position sensor so that i can check to see if is in range?

Will this scanner monitor my camshaft position sensor so that i can check to see if is in range?
I haven't noticed that feature on Torque, so I doubt the overpriced $100 version does any better.

Why do you believe the CPS is not in range?

Downloaded Torque and hooked it up and yea.......I could not find anything like that either.
So I am assuming that the cheap android apps are not going to have that depth.
So, it is either a dedicated scan tool like Matco Maxme at the cost of 1000.00 or possibly laptop software. Since the laptop software is cheaper, I will probably research that.
I would hate to buy a Matco.

several people have commented on seeing live data - can someone tell me whether this includes transmission temperature?

Hey, any updates on this thread? Anyone still using this and recommending it, or are there better, cooler, cheaper options now that it's been a few years? I'm especially interested in the live data.