Body Armor TJ-4121 Side Guards

mots

Goldilocks Jeep Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm liking this for simple side steps and some protection (all bolt on, no drilling). Anybody have experience with this product?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NP1PPG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Not too bad for a pair at $242, but does anybody have any ideas on a similar product that might not cost as much? Or, perhaps you know of another product that costs just as much but might be better than this one? Would prefer not to drill and just use the frame to tub fasteners like this one uses.

Thanks!

Yep, been running them on my LJ for years now. They've taken a few hits and have held up fine. Now I'm no West Coast rock crawler. For me, I had no desire to peel off the stock Rubicon rocker stuff, so these worked great.

Reactions: mots
Yep, been running them on my LJ for years now. They've taken a few hits and have held up fine. Now I'm no West Coast rock crawler. For me, I had no desire to peel off the stock Rubicon rocker stuff, so these worked great.

Cool, thanks for the info. They look solid enough. Any premature rusting or anything like that? Looks like they would be easy to touch up with satin black spray cans like I did with my bumpers.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
None at all, and where I have scarred them off road I just touch up with some black paint. Pretty solid product. Not as strong as a tub mounted slider, but for my needs they've been great.

Reactions: mots
Several of us on WTJF are running those, and are very satisfied with what you get at that price.

None at all, and where I have scarred them off road I just touch up with some black paint. Pretty solid product. Not as strong as a tub mounted slider, but for my needs they've been great.

Good to know, thanks! These are really nice and I can't find any competing products that I like better.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Thanks again for the help guys. I installed these last night and I love them!

Also threw on these entry guards\sill protectors:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJ3XX28/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Guards1.png Guards2.png

Unless you mounted it above the body mount, the gap created would be equal to the amount of body lift. I have a friend that mounted his above the body lift he did, need to see if any modifications were needed. That would affect the strength of the skids too.

That was my thought, with 1.25 of gap it would weaken the strength of the the rails given the space available for it to flex upwards in the event that you came down hard on a rock. I like the idea of having it flush (or close to) the OEM Rubi Rocker guards to provide support. I guess the question is, if mounted above the body lift pucks (jks) would those hold up to potiental abuses seen on trails. I'd probably feel more confident if I had a set of aluminum ones....

I'm leaning towards buying new rockers like AtoZ or GenRight but haven't taken a drill to the tub anywhere yet so keeping other options open...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’ve got this same setup and love them!
Better than I could have imagined, even after the good reviews given here! My wife and son carried them inside when UPS dropped them off yesterday and were surprised at how heavy and beefy there were, and once we opened we were very impressed with the quality. It's was a perfect bolt-on solution for me...exactly what I was looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KPWB1KQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I have these on my Ammo can and they are great.

Yeah, I saw those too and liked the look as well. I went with the Body Armor ones because I didn't want to do any drilling.

I can try to get some pics of my buddies setup too, with the slider mounted above the body frame mount. He doesn't wheel his often so hasnt really dropped his on a rock or anything.

I'm liking this for simple side steps and some protection (all bolt on, no drilling). Anybody have experience with this product?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NP1PPG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Not too bad for a pair at $242, but does anybody have any ideas on a similar product that might not cost as much? Or, perhaps you know of another product that costs just as much but might be better than this one? Would prefer not to drill and just use the frame to tub fasteners like this one uses.

Thanks!
If your'e just going to be using them for aesthetics and getting in and out of the Jeep, they'll be fine, but if you are going to be playing the rocks you want something tub mounted. Avoid frame and body mounts when getting rock sliders that have to be functional to protect your Jeep.

If you use the one's you linked to and add a 1.25" BL, it's going to create an unsightly gap. I've had one before! They look suck. You can't usually mount them above the body lift. I tried that.

Just do it right the first time. The cheapest tub mounted rock sliders for function (again, if you need it) are TNT and JCR. Most get Poison Spyder or some other stuff that is sub-optimal design. My .02c

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I have one of these after getting a recommendation from @Chris and @glwood. Really love it on my black TJR. It sits pretty flush to the tub and looks great. Was super easy to install as well.

If your'e just going to be using them for aesthetics and getting in and out of the Jeep, they'll be fine, but if you are going to be playing the rocks you want something tub mounted. Avoid frame and body mounts when getting rock sliders that have to be functional to protect your Jeep.

If you use the one's you linked to and add a 1.25" BL, it's going to create an unsightly gap. I've had one before! They look suck. You can't usually mount them above the body lift. I tried that.

Just do it right the first time. The cheapest tub mounted rock sliders for function (again, if you need it) are TNT and JCR. Most get Poison Spyder or some other stuff that is sub-optimal design. My .02c
I agree with the doing it right the first time comment, just need to get over the hump of putting the drill to the tub. Thanks for pointing out TnTs, never noticed their double break design before. Will keep them on the list

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk