Body lift question

AaronPaul

TJ Enthusiast
Why would the PO of my Jeep only put a body lift on the driver and passenger side?

Aren’t body lifts typically both sides along with front and rear? Never had one so I don’t know.
Any reason why someone would do this?

Thanks

6 pucks total. 3 on the drivers side, 3 on the passenger side.

Post a photo of the side mounts and rear mounts please.

It does not make sense that you only have the driver/passenger side but not the rear (unless someone cut and raised the rear of the frame —> in which case, they would have raised the sides mounts too).

Reactions: AaronPaul
So there are no pucks above the rear bumper, near the rear shock upper mounts, nor under the grille? I'm not sure how that would even work.

Read through this thread for more details; including a diagram of the body mount locations. What's holding up the front end if he/she skipped that mount? Likewise, how is the body not cracking without sufficient support behind the rear axle?

The rear pucks can be omitted with a frame lift (butt crack elimination), but what about the front part of the frame? Seems like a lot of work to avoid 5 pucks.

If the front and rear body bolts weren’t loosened, could you even get lift pucks in the sides? I would be checking all the bolts. If the bolts spun in the caged nuts would that allow the body to be jacked up on the side to insert the pucks?

There should also be two body lifts installed in the rear above and adjacent to the upper spring shock mounts and two more installed up front under the radiator grill too. You may just not be seeing the two in the rear, they're hidden where you can't see them.

Pics of the body mount locations would help. This sounds impossible.

Reactions: GPK03X