Body plate code anomaly question

Hmm, maybe it was a post about decoding your VIN or the door-jamb sticker.

Anyway, @BCB, I am home again so let me see what I can find in my FSM.

I appreciate it! Jeep keeps sending me the same build sheet and signing off by copying & pasting "Unfortunately, due to the age of the vehicle, information is limited; therefore, we are unable to further assist you with your inquiry. General information may be available via the internet."

They also said that a dealer should be able to order stickers and maybe these plates, but no dealer I have spoken with says they can (or will).

If I could figure out what those top lines correlate to, this DGA/DGG issue, and somehow find my Vehicle Order Number, I think I would have everything I need.

In reference to 97 TJ 4.0 sport 3 speed automatic.
I'm a real noob to jeeps so please bare with me. but i could really use some help answering some questions that have come up in my search. so I'm looking for a transmission. big dollar investment in my build. must get it right you all know what i mean. research research research
I'm absolutely certain i have a 3 speed automatic but 97 TJ service manual only lists 42rle its a 4spd. first big ?
I cant seem to see the transmission code plate without a bunch of wrenching so I'm looking at the body code plate and the transmission code matches nothing i can find DGA??
I am mostly certain that I have a 32RH but I need to be sure. does anyone have any literature references that could help or does anyone recognize the DGA code
Do I have an oddball jeep??
I appreciate any help that is available Thanks all

View attachment 292091

Ok so just checked my 97 FSM, and sure enough those three letters on the bottom left of the plate are for the transmission. But I see nothing about DGA! Only DGD and DGG. The DGD is the 30RH 3-speed, and the DGG is the 32RH 3-speed (top-right of page three).

I also don't understand the last three digits of the top line on your plate. According to the FSM, they are supposed to be either TJJ or TJU, but yours looks like VJU?

Keep us posted on what you learn. I wonder if DGA was used as a code on any YJs, and maybe this little typo in your plate is a quirk of the 97s?

IMG_8109.jpeg

IMG_8113.jpeg