Boostwerks Engineering Jeep 4.0 Titanium Manifold Stud Kit (V2.0) Review

I think the thread locker instructions are kind of silly, considering you heat up loctite to remove a fastener.

I agree.

I just picked nickel anti seize because it had a higher temp rating than copper.

From what I read you chose wisely by not using copper since it would have allowed the transfer of galvanic current. We have the best intentions when we modify our rigs, but little things like that can end up being a critical mistake and lead someone like @TJ Jim to post about seeing titanium fasteners corrode in an iron head (which would be a factual statement).

I don't know a bunch about titanium, but I think grade 6 has the best thermal expansion qualities and I assumed he picked grade 6 because of that.

I put a lot less thought into this than some of you guys, I just wanted to make sure the threads were good.

Honestly I was most impressed with the broaching. Never have I ever setup a rotary broach and not had the face of the broach look like a chewed up dog toy.

I definitely appreciate good machining and may go with this kit. I need to know the drill bit size for modifying the outer holes and will need to know which slots need to be modified. I'll be out of state until almost June so I need to have the installer do this while I'm away. I'll need to hit the road asap upon my arrival and will need to do other work, so I'm going to bite the bullet and pay to have this done before my arrival.

Most of the info I found regarding Ti fasteners showed grade 2 or grade 5. After looking again, grade 6 Ti is definitely a thing so I'm going to edit my previous post.

Last edited:
Well, I forgot again to message him. I just sent him a message now, his site says he'll probably get back to me within 48hrs and I can let you know what he says.

I haven't had any issues with the studs coming loose, they still look as good as new too.

If you're painting your manifold too, I had good success with brushing on the exhaust manifold coating offered by POR15. Has held up great over the past year.

What was the verdict from boosted about stud length not being long enough to engage lock nuts? Thanks

Well, I forgot again to message him. I just sent him a message now, his site says he'll probably get back to me within 48hrs and I can let you know what he says.

I haven't had any issues with the studs coming loose, they still look as good as new too.

If you're painting your manifold too, I had good success with brushing on the exhaust manifold coating offered by POR15. Has held up great over the past year.

Any update from boostwerks engineering on the stud length not being long enough to engage the lock nuts properly? Thanks for your review

Any update from boostwerks engineering on the stud length not being long enough to engage the lock nuts properly? Thanks for your review

Btw, I was not involved in asking the machinist/owner that question but I did ask him other questions around the same time period. I didn’t get a response but purchased the kit anyways.

I’ll provide an update on this if I do the install when I visit next month otherwise it will be this summer when I’m back to the rig full time.

Edit: I believe the new JBA headers have a 3/8” flange. I have a feeling the crown of the nut won’t lock down on the threads but we shall see. I could simply not install the studs in as far to see if that changes anything but that might be unwise/not worth the effort.

Last edited:
Don't mind all the trolls bashing you for providing information on this kit. They apparently just too broke to afford it. I on the other hand really appreciated seeing this... Although I didn't see one post say anything about the size socket you need to install the nuts. I can't seem to find my calipers and my sockets are all in storage at the moment so doing a simple socket test or taking a measurement is out of the question aside for a steel ruler I keep at my computer desk. I'm searching the net to see what size socket is needed because I want to get a torque wrench adapter of some sort... Even if I have to buy a few different ones with different angles I sure the f will before I attempt the install... I believe it will help on the bottom two nuts when installing the banks torque tubes on the 4.0. Supposedly the way the Banks torque tubes for the 4.0 piping angles are bent to where they really hinder one's ability to get all up on that nut. Every review I've read, I see all the people crying about it so it must be a pain in the arse.

So, with all that said what size socket is needed for dez titanium nuts?
I measured it with a steel rule, it looks to be 9/16? someone please verify this

Don't mind all the trolls bashing you for providing information on this kit. They apparently just too broke to afford it. …

I see no trolls or bashing in this thread. What are you talking about?

Not a great way to open your first post if you are looking for info…

I see no trolls or bashing in this thread. What are you talking about?

Not a great way to open your first post if you are looking for info…

Also I was not directing that towards you in any way it was more so for the original poster. Letting him know I gladly appreciated seeing him provide specs for the kit. To not worry about anyone bashing him for it indirectly. There was obviously others that did not value the information and viewed it as a waist of money. But if you want a opinion, your comment is not nessassarily a great way to welcome a first time poster on the forum. Also, I'm Sorry if that offended you. I might not have received a reply if I didn't stir some kind of controversy to reactivate a old post. Just maybe there is a method to the madness you deamed as bad manner.

I honestly felt my post was directly related to the boost works bolt set and is ultimately addressing a unanswered question regarding the size socket required for the nuts. 🤷 That's a very simple question to ask.

It's because I have WJ in my name referring to the (99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee). And your all TJ owners 🤦. That's why your giving me a hard time huh?

Also I was not directing that towards you in any way it was more so for the original poster. Letting him know I gladly appreciated seeing him provide specs for the kit. To not worry about anyone bashing him for it indirectly. There was obviously others that did not value the information and viewed it as a waist of money. But if you want a opinion, your comment is not nessassarily a great way to welcome a first time poster on the forum. Also, I'm Sorry if that offended you. I might not have received a reply if I didn't stir some kind of controversy to reactivate a old post. Just maybe there is a method to the madness you deamed as bad manner.

I honestly felt my post was directly related to the boost works bolt set and is ultimately addressing a unanswered question regarding the size socket required for the nuts. 🤷 That's a very simple question to ask.

It's because I have WJ in my name referring to the (99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee). And your all TJ owners 🤦. That's why your giving me a hard time huh?

9/16