Bought a Jeep... found this site

Sir , that is called - "someone had no idea what they had and what it was worth ".

And it is unmolested with good meat on the rims .

One of the best Jeep's for the money I have seen .

After reading everyone's posts and doing some research... I believe I got a better deal than I originally thought.
The Rubicon was not listed for sale. My son found it parked at a coworkers house and asked about it. It was a secondary use vehicle for him and he offered to sell it for $8000. I wasn't interested until he offered to trade for a car I had plus $4000. So in the end, I traded an AMC Eagle Wagon 4x4 and $4k for it. The car is super nice but I will admit it's not as off road capable.

IMG-0771.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

Reactions: danof76
Rub it in !

Most of us just mortgaged our houses, sold our children to the black market, and did things we wouldn't want the public to know in order to get the Jeeps we have.

Then we went on to encourage our wife to start a relationship with the UPS guy in hopes that he would stop by our house first and deliver parts.

I have spent more on upgrades and Corrections than you paid for your vehicle.

Thank you I'm going to kill myself now.

Reactions: Jed57
Rub it in !

Most of us just mortgaged our houses, sold our children to the black market, and did things we wouldn't want the public to know in order to get the Jeeps we have.

Then we went on to encourage our wife to start a relationship with the UPS guy in hopes that he would stop by our house first and deliver parts.

I have spent more on upgrades and Corrections than you paid for your vehicle.

Thank you I'm going to kill myself now.
Dang... now I feel kinda bad. Did I mention the AC doesn't blow cold? lol

So I guess selling it to me for 7k is right out, eh?

P.S. Was it hard letting the wagon go? I've kinda always had a soft spot for those.
Thanks for offering to help out but... uh no.
Letting the Eagle Wagon go was bitter sweet because I know they practically do not exist anymore in such nice condition. On the other hand... I know it went to a good home. The new owner is really excited to have it and he has the means to make it perfect.

Reactions: XISophos
@Jonas, I officially hate you. ;)That is a fantastic deal! Congrats. And you're right in my backyard. I'm in Fredericksburg. We wheel Hidden Falls near Marble Falls and Wolf Caves near Mason. Proud of you getting such a great deal. Way to go! There are deals to be found folks!

Dang... now I feel kinda bad. Did I mention the AC doesn't blow cold? lol

Thanks for offering to help out but... uh no.
Letting the Eagle Wagon go was bitter sweet because I know they practically do not exist anymore in such nice condition. On the other hand... I know it went to a good home. The new owner is really excited to have it and he has the means to make it perfect.
Haha! That's one hell of a deal you got on the Rubicon. Reasonable mileage TJ Sports are going for upwards of 15k around here, and it's not uncommon to see the unmolested Rubi's going in the twenties as a norm. Letting the wagon go might have hurt, but you've effectively traded one classic for another with better resale!

If you're handy with a wrench, the AC won't be too bad to fix/replace. I did it this past summer on a liberty, and aside from borrowing gauges from a friend to recharge the system , I was able to have it running like new in an afternoon. Jeeps simple to work on by and large. So much so, it becomes an addiction.

Well, I officially gave the Rubicon to my 20 year old son. The Eagle wagon was going to him anyway but he really wanted the Jeep and covered the cash part. He already has several catalogs and has been hitting a few local trails. Shopping for him just got a lot easier. lol

@Jonas, I officially hate you. ;)That is a fantastic deal! Congrats. And you're right in my backyard. I'm in Fredericksburg. We wheel Hidden Falls near Marble Falls and Wolf Caves near Mason. Proud of you getting such a great deal. Way to go! There are deals to be found folks!
My son already has plans to check out Hidden falls soon! I live in Kerrville and work in Johnson City. I've been making that drive for almost 23 years now.

Reactions: danof76
I live in Kerrville and work in Johnson City.

What a commute! Can't imagine it's too much traffic and I guess if you're gonna have an hour long commute doing it through the Hill Country on 46 ain't too bad, I'll take that drive sometimes just for the sheer hell of it.

What a commute! Can't imagine it's too much traffic and I guess if you're gonna have an hour long commute doing it through the Hill Country on 46 ain't too bad, I'll take that drive sometimes just for the sheer hell of it.
Kerrville up Hwy 16 to Fredericksburg and then Hwy 290 to JC. It's 57 miles for me and takes just under an hour doing the speed limit. Never really any traffic when I'm on the road.