Brake Pedal and Brake Switch

SMena

Hello Everyone, my name is Sergio and I am New to the Forum and Glad to be a part of it.

maybe someone can help with this one.

2001 TJ 4.0 Manual

I recently purchased a TJ , recently I noticed my brake lights were staying on all the time wether brake pedal was pressed or not, as I stuck my head under the dash to find the brake switch I found a roll of pennies on the driver side floor board, it turns out someone placed the roll of pennies between the brake pedal and the actual brake switch. I had obviously never seen the roll of glued pennies before so I placed it back between brake pedal and the switch and sure enough my lights went off.

what am I missing to fix this problem properly, or will adjusting the brake pedal switch further out solve this. thank you

IMG-9679.jpg

The cheap fix? Take the switch out and open it up. Good chance someone at some point shoved the plunger too far into the switch. You will see how it pops back out and how the auto adjuster works when you do this.

Or, you can buy a new switch and replace it.

The cheap fix? Take the switch out and open it up. Good chance someone at some point shoved the plunger too far into the switch. You will see how it pops back out and how the auto adjuster works when you do this.

thx, I thought I was missing something on the actual pedal , Ok I will try that this weekend and let you know if thats works, thanks for the help.

I had to manually rest the auto adjust mechanism when I replaced the brake booster. It just slides out, and when you press the pedal the first few times it sets to the stroke of the pedal.