Brake pedal feels "soft" after black magic brakes installation

@Jerry Bransford you were spot on with your diagnosis. They had installed the calipers switched and the bleeder valve was below the brake line. I showed your picture and the tech went "yep, I got it wrong". They are bleeding the lines now after switching the calipers.

@Chris can we get Jerry's photo added to the how-to section (if it's already not there somewhere)?

I’ll have to do that. Don’t feel bad, I did this the first time I installed my Vanco big brake kit. I feel stupid after Blaine pointed out to me the obvious, that I had installed the calipers on the wrong side, therefore the bleeder valve was upside down.

Glad it was an easy fix.

Ps you are best served using the advice on this forum to work on you junk yourself. Nothing worse than putting you life in others hands. I learned this while I owned a 74 Norton Commando. Jeeping is awesome you will love it

That's great news, glad you got the problem taken care of.

Brakes are good now. Did the break in procedure again after getting everything sorted out.

Glad it was an easy fix.

Ps you are best served using the advice on this forum to work on you junk yourself. Nothing worse than putting you life in others hands. I learned this while I owned a 74 Norton Commando. Jeeping is awesome you will love it

That's what I am thinking. I have the space in my garage. Just gotta start slow and small and do things myself and learn. Great advice here, have learnt a lot just following build threads.

That’s a serious rookie mistake. Anyone charging money for brake jobs should know better. I would seriously look for a new shop/mechanic. If they’re letting someone that inexperienced do brake jobs I’d be afraid of what else goes out the door. If they test drove it after the job as should always be done they would have immediately noticed. If they drove it and still gave it to you that’s even worse. I would probably even have had another shop fix the problem and have the original shop reimburse you for the fix.

Glad it was an easy fix.

Too bad the cost of getting all the dang tools you need is so steep... That's a barrier in and of its-self.

That’s a serious rookie mistake. Anyone charging money for brake jobs should know better. I would seriously look for a new shop/mechanic. If they’re letting someone that inexperienced do brake jobs I’d be afraid of what else goes out the door. If they test drove it after the job as should always be done they would have immediately noticed. If they drove it and still gave it to you that’s even worse. I would probably even have had another shop fix the problem and have the original shop reimburse you for the fix.

^^ this

Reactions: Nimbley