Brand new clutch slave cylinder came apart during the first minute

doktormane

TJ Enthusiast
I really don't know what to say. I have been having some clutch issues with my 97 Jeep TJ for which people here suggested that I might need a new master/slave cylinder. (see thread below) Well, I buy one, go for the LUK one too, I install it according to instructions I found on the Extreme Terrain website and it worked initially, I managed to get the car out of gear (it was stuck in gear, see thread below) but after less than a minute it started feeling funny and the gears wouldn't engage and when I had a look below I saw that the actual slave cylinder separated from the mounting bracket. There is a C clip managed to get out of its channel/groove. What the actual hell? Am I really unlucky I came across one that had a manufacturer's defect or did I do anything wrong??

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...-popping-sound-with-video.59027/#post-1047593

1648580788536.jpg

1648580788549.jpg

1648581212152.jpg

1648580788520.jpg

Store brand hydraulic assembly? Store brand parts like that are notoriously poor quality that yours came apart so soon right away had me thinking store brand or off-brand hydraulic system. Good choice on the Luk clutch kit, not so sure about the hydraulic system.

Reactions: doktormane
Store brand hydraulic assembly? Store brand parts like that are notoriously poor quality that yours came apart so soon right away had me thinking store brand or off-brand hydraulic system. Good choice on the Luk clutch kit, not so sure about the hydraulic system.
The clutch master/slave was LUK......at least that what I thought I bought. I'll have to check to see if it says LUK anywhere on it.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I had the same thing happen with 2 different LUK master/slave assemblies, have just taken the second one off and have ordered an OMIX unitfrom Extreme. Did you find a cause or solution to blowing apart slave cylinders?