Bridge collapsed

1711461416729.png

What I don't understand is, if the vessel lost power you'd think it wouldn't coast on the same heading and when the power was restored it would continue on roughly the same heading. Why would it make such a major change in direction when the power was restored. It's like the steering was turned full starboard while the power was off and when the power resumed it was turning immediately.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if you were to plan to take out the bridge under the guise of an equipment failure, it was executed perfectly.

Reactions: Apparition
What I don't understand is, if the vessel lost power you'd think it wouldn't coast on the same heading and when the power was restored it would continue on roughly the same heading. Why would it make such a major change in direction when the power was restored. It's like the steering was turned full starboard while the power was off and when the power resumed it was turning immediately.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if you were to plan to take out the bridge under the guise of an equipment failure, it was executed perfectly.

People are saying they dropped anchor to try to stop it. That may have had some affect on its course.

They also had to potentially deal with a crosswind and that's a big surface area.

People are saying they dropped anchor to try to stop it. That may have had some affect on its course.

They also had to potentially deal with a crosswind and that's a big surface area.

Lots of questions to be answered. It will be a long investigation for sure.

You can see the lights go out and come back on a couple minutes before impact. Also a big billow of smoke from the stacks.

The biggest question to be answered is was this an honest mechanical/electrical failure, or was the ship hacked, and this was intentional.

Remember this one in the Suez Canal?

1711465493324.png

A mess for sure, I used to drive this to and from work on my commute. Going to impact a ton of people, commerce etc. will be a long time to rebuild, not good at all.

I saw a post this morning where the captain of the ship is from Ukraine. Not sure how accurate it is, I will see if I can find the post.

I saw the entire crew was from India and they had a couple of local harbor pilots on board. The Ukraine link sounds fishy to me.

Reactions: BlueC
I assume those guys had assumed control of the vessel while in port. I highly doubt anyone onboard was the cause of what we know happened.

Last time I was in Valdez that's how they described it working there. Only a couple pilots would navigate in the port and then they'd deboard once outside of it and that's all they did.

But that's not nearly as much traffic as this one.

Reactions: BlueC
Right, there is a local Harbour pilot to get out of that Harbour and then I believe a bay pilot takes over to get out of the bay itself, is a very large/long bay. Bridge not to far from the blue dot.

IMG_0341.png