Broke my leg on the 4th

mde8965

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I was in my garage organizing everything and getting ready to put up some jeep signs when I fell off of a ladder and I broke both my tibia and Fibia in my left leg. Unfortunately I broke the tibia right at the knee joint which is serious. I broke the fibula towards the bottom near the back of my ankle somewhere. It figures I never do anything halfway. Anyways I’m in the hospital at the moment they have an external fixator on the leg. They have to wait about a week or two before the swelling goes down before they can operate fix the bones.

So it looks like I’m not going to be driving my jeep anytime soon. Too hard to crawl in and out of that thing with a broken leg.

That sounds like a remarkably unpleasant way to spend the holiday. Good luck with the recovery.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: mde8965
@mde8965 I am so sorry. 3 years ago I took my foot off my leg and broke the same side arm. Crawling on 2 knees and 1 arm was difficult. That wasn't fun. And I can tell you......going into hot weather will not be fun.....

*Feels so sorry for you*

Oh man, that's really brutal. Hope that you heal without any major complications. Keep us posted please.

78519596-AB87-46EA-BDCA-B2696985E709.png mde8965, Idoubt she’s on Angie’s list but I bet she can help hang the signs. Get well soon.

Last edited:
What happened? Were you hanging a JK sign at the time? You aren't supposed to hang those.
The universe can be a bitch

Hope you get well soon. Being without the Jeep is the worst!

ouch, no stranger to broken bones, best advice - take the time to heal and don't push it.

wishing you a speedy recovery!

Ladders are evil. Fell off one in 2000, severed an artery, several tendons, and nerves in my left wrist. It all got put back together, and works fine, except for the nerves. I call it the claw.

Send us a report when you get out of surgery. Hope all heals well.

Just reading that hurts. Sorry it happend and the Craigslist girl would go a long way toward recovery. Get well soon.

....so you have some signs for sale? ;)