Budget boost gone bad

Shwane

Backcountry Jeeper
Supporting Member
Swapped to 3" OME springs. This is what i found.

Check your rears often. Lol

1518130208912174419990.jpg

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Interesting. I was peeking under mine and noticed the up travel in the shocks looked short. Measured and sure enough the front has sagged. The weird part is it almost looks like the 1.25" spacer I use looks compresssed around the coil. Thought I was seeing things but maybe not. Further investigation needed.

Reactions: StG58
I noticed from the pic they did not have the factory spring isolator or whatever it is called that goes on top of the spring. When I did my budget boost I placed it between the budget boost and the coils.

I noticed from the pic they did not have the factory spring isolator or whatever it is called that goes on top of the spring. When I did my budget boost I placed it between the budget boost and the coils.

The budget boosts I have seen said to keep the isolators in place (above the spacer).

I didn't run the rear ones, they would not fit under the spacer without getting smashed in a weird way. The fronts I run against the spring.

I run the factory isolators in the upper bucket as intended. My .75" spacers fit fine between the isolators and the spring.

Isolater or no, probably doesn't make much difference. If anything, they should be placed between the springs and spacer, that way the spring is cushioned and in direct contact with the spacer. Or I could just be full of sh&t :D

Reactions: bobthetj03
So, I looked at mine. It is possible the spacer failed due to the lack of coil surface. The coil opens up quickly and ends up riding on the edge of the spacer. Check out this incredibly detailed drawing of what I am referring to.
LHVU-JCU_y4qSJTPotETMOwijVyZAcY96i6rI1vS7bCgsB9I77Gg0fj7pvKgUwJkANNWCSeT0EMCM_p6a3I=w359-h637-no.jpg

The black being the spacer and red the spring. You can see, with perfect scale, what I am talking about. Now of course there are bunches of people that run spacers and this is the first one I have seen disintegrate but who knows. Definitely enough to make you re-think spacers in the rear. BDS 2" springs are in my near future.

Disclaimer/brag: I have no formal art education, that is pure born talent :D

Reactions: Thunderhead