Budget boost gone bad

So, I looked at mine. It is possible the spacer failed due to the lack of coil surface. The coil opens up quickly and ends up riding on the edge of the spacer. Check out this incredibly detailed drawing of what I am referring to.
View attachment 31538
The black being the spacer and red the spring. You can see, with perfect scale, what I am talking about. Now of course there are bunches of people that run spacers and this is the first one I have seen disintegrate but who knows. Definitely enough to make you re-think spacers in the rear. BDS 2" springs are in my near future.

Disclaimer/brag: I have no formal art education, that is pure born talent :D

That might be worth millions after you die, you don't know!

So, I looked at mine. It is possible the spacer failed due to the lack of coil surface. The coil opens up quickly and ends up riding on the edge of the spacer. Check out this incredibly detailed drawing of what I am referring to.
View attachment 31538
The black being the spacer and red the spring. You can see, with perfect scale, what I am talking about. Now of course there are bunches of people that run spacers and this is the first one I have seen disintegrate but who knows. Definitely enough to make you re-think spacers in the rear. BDS 2" springs are in my near future.

Disclaimer/brag: I have no formal art education, that is pure born talent :D

You coulda been an Art major!
My 2 inch BB and coils sit perfect thankfully

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob5589