Building a Budget Trail TJ

Roel Salazar

Im on my way, to build a TJ for trails, NOT A CRAWLER, and not that difficult trails too.

I need opinions and sugestions of what should I equip my TJ, I have it Stock with:

-31"s
- Dana 44 rear and 30 fr

Next week im getting RC 2.5 lift kit.

IMG_20201207_113852.jpg

Im on my way, to build a TJ for trails, NOT A CRAWLER, and not that difficult trails too.

I need opinions and sugestions of what should I equip my TJ, I have it Stock with:

-31"s
- Dana 44 rear and 30 fr
Your jeep is more than up to the task without any modifications. Just get out and enjoy it.

If anything buy a nice OBA system, med kit, and perhaps a winch.

I Already have the med kit, a 12v compresor, and a decent tool box, I really and a winch but I dont have enough money, Im thinking in the Harbor Freight Apex 12k lbs winch

I Already have the med kit, a 12v compresor, and a decent tool box, I really and a winch but I dont have enough money, Im thinking in the Harbor Freight Apex 12k lbs winch
The warn m8000 is roughly the same price and I can guarantee you'll be able to find replacement parts for it if something was to ever fail. Keep your eyes out for open box deals on amazon, I got mine for $470.

Nice looking TJ btw. I love the half doors.

Reactions: Wildman
The Rancho RS5000X shocks and 2" Procomp springs will put you in the $460 range. Add a $30 rear track bar relocation bracket to center the rear axle, keep the 31's, and you are set for the trail for the most part. Get some recovery gear and save up for a good Warn M8000 winch.

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
The warn m8000 is roughly the same price and I can guarantee you'll be able to find replacement parts for it if something was to ever fail. Keep your eyes out for open box deals on amazon, I got mine for $470.

Nice looking TJ btw. I love the half doors.
I'll considerate that, thanks man

Reactions: Alex01
Also keep watching FB Market Place and Craigslist at least every other day for a good used Warn winch. I've bought 2 that way.

Reactions: Alex01
The Rancho RS5000X shocks and 2" Procomp springs will put you in the $460 range. Add a $30 rear track bar relocation bracket to center the rear axle, keep the 31's, and you are set for the trail for the most part. Get some recovery gear and save up for a good Warn M8000 winch.
I think im getting RC because its 219 bucks the springs and shocks kit, just need the relocation bracket, and maybe in few months only change the shocks to rancho, cause actual suspension ( autozone destroyed shocks) are completly crap

I think im getting RC because its 219 bucks the springs and shocks kit, just need the relocation bracket, and maybe in few months only change the shocks to rancho, cause actual suspension ( autozone destroyed shocks) are completly crap
I get it. I'm not made of money either, so sometimes you have to make consolations. I'm sure the RC shocks will be an improvement over your junk you have in there now. Let us know how the install goes.

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01