Building an E-Ticket ride - 06 LJ

This doesn’t look like much but it took me hours to wire up the rear lights. I put in a flat tow harness front to back spliced into the lights with diodes.

I converted the hinge upper contact path from a ground to a marker signal so I can have both a third brake light and a license plate light on my spare tire delete license plate light. I plan to add a ground on the tailgate and hope that I get enough ground to allow the small LEDs to work on the plate frame. If not, I will chase a good ground path through the hinges and fasteners.

IMG_6060.jpeg

Reactions: FarFire70
This doesn’t look like much but it took me hours to wire up the rear lights. I put in a flat tow harness front to back spliced into the lights with diodes.

I converted the hinge upper contact path from a ground to a marker signal so I can have both a third brake light and a license plate light on my spare tire delete license plate light. I plan to add a ground on the tailgate and hope that I get enough ground to allow the small LEDs to work on the plate frame. If not, I will chase a good ground path through the hinges and fasteners.

View attachment 520582

You should be able to get ground through the gate and hinges. I have my 3rd brake light and liscense plate both on the spare and did the same thing you did. Been working flawlessly for 4-5 years now.

You should be able to get ground through the gate and hinges. I have my 3rd brake light and liscense plate both on the spare and did the same thing you did. Been working flawlessly for 4-5 years now.

Good to know, thanks for the confirmation @Mike_H