Built for "off roading"

Gilaguy23

TJ Enthusiast
So this is gonna piss off plenty but it is what it is. Ive had Jeeps for decades as well as just about every other brand/make/type of 4x4,yes Im older, so Im not being a brand X snob either, but when I read posts and hear kiddies that say the jeep was manufactured for "off roading" I snicker. So what made it for "off roading?
Is it the exceptionally durable rust proof frame? Perhaps the bullet proof Dana 35, Dana 30 or AMC20. Is it several super strong HD trannies used here and there over the decades like the BA10, the AX5, the T5's? The bomb proof electrics and computers, perhaps the Siberia rated passenger areas. Some will understand, build them to the extreme, use them accordingly and fix them when pushed to hard.
Others will buy one thinking its built for anything they throw at it cause its a "jeep",flog the hell out of it and wonder why its broke down again and again and bitch. I am curious to one thing and if the aftermarket was as strong as the one for a Nissan Pathfinder and they didnt have removable tops but were tin tops like a Sami, would you still have one or what would you turn to to empty that bank account?

Ive had Jeeps for decades as well as just about every other brand/make/type of 4x4,yes Im older, so Im not being a brand X snob either, but when I read posts and hear kiddies that say the jeep was manufactured for "off roading" I snicker. So what made it for "off roading?
Lots of troll here, but I’ll bite.

Of everything you had, what had the most shock travel of the bunch? What was the up travel and down travel numbers?

Of all the 4x4’s you had, anyone of them come with a true frame and a straight axle front?

I’d argue the TJ/LJ was far better than the competition when off road.

What was sold that was better for off-roading like the Rubicon trail?

I am curious to one thing and if the aftermarket was as strong as the one for a Nissan Pathfinder and they didnt have removable tops but were tin tops like a Sami, would you still have one or what would you turn to to empty that bank account?
1. Are you actually implying that the Nissan Pathfinder has a stronger aftermarket availability than Jeep?

2. Ever heard of a Jeep commonly known as the XJ? They have a pretty large portion of the market too. On that same subject Sami's have soft tops and removable hard tops just like Jeep!!!

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I found your profile pic.
troll (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC) (2).jpg

Haha, it's fitting you pick a Pathfinder as a comparison. They are plagued with check engine lights and faulty radiators. Sound familiar...

Reactions: TheBoogieman