Bull Dawg hard upper doors (has anyone tried these?)

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Has anyone tried these hard upper doors from Bull Dawg?

https://www.bulldawgmfg.com/shop/jeepdoors.htm
A set of Bestop glass slider upper doors is $600. These aren't much more and seem like a better solution for someone such as myself who plans to run half doors all year round.

Just curious if anyone has any real world feedback on these as I am seriously considering buying a set.

@psrivats, have you seen these?

sorry, nothing to really contribute.

but there was just a set 1/2 doors and those uppers local to me for sale. now i understand why the guy was asking such a high price.

Reactions: Chris
Oh yeah, once Rob gets home maybe he will let us know how he likes them.

Not having to unzip at a drive through is almost worth the spend, especially in the rain when the dam window folds in wet and dirty.

I have a set, they work well. I have the Bestop glass slider soft uppers too.

The hard uppers are nice; they fit well with my hard top and soft top. Their only shortcoming is the windows. The Bestops open from the front and back and have a wider range of window movement. The Bull Dawg ones only open from the back and don't open as far as the Bestop. The BD window is bigger and the bottom isn't flat, that is why they open differently.

If I was only going to run a soft top I would go Bestop uppers.

The hard uppers are nice; they fit well with my hard top and soft top. Their only shortcoming is the windows. The Bestops open from the front and back and have a wider range of window movement. The Bull Dawg ones only open from the back and don't open as far as the Bestop. The BD window is bigger and the bottom isn't flat, that is why they open differently.

After reading this, I'll probably go with the Bestop since I only run a soft top. Probably going to be my next purchase since the zippers on my soft windows are almost done. I've been watching the price on these hoping they would eventually go on sale and give me an excuse.

From what I can tell, the Bestop version should be as easy to remove as the soft uppers.

Reactions: zebra12
I, too, have the Bestop uppers. I couldn't quite swallow the bulldawg price. They work great for me.

Do the Bestop doors make more noise and flap more at highway speeds due to them being made out or a soft material?

After reading this, I'll probably go with the Bestop since I only run a soft top. Probably going to be my next purchase since the zippers on my soft windows are almost done. I've been watching the price on these hoping they would eventually go on sale and give me an excuse.

From what I can tell, the Bestop version should be as easy to remove as the soft uppers.

That is correct, Bestops come right off. The BD ones require an allen wrench.

Interesting! My Bestop 2-piece soft doors make so much racket at highway speeds, but I feel like that is a result of the entire door being a soft door.

I agree. I had the Bestop soft doors you have, and they are stupid noisy. I ended up selling them.

I agree. I had the Bestop soft doors you have, and they are stupid noisy. I ended up selling them.

Yes, I went for a drive with them yesterday at highway speeds and noticed all they were doing is flapping around and were very, very loud. I wouldn’t run them for anything other than in-town cruising or off-road driving.

My soft top uppers loud, yes. The hard glass ones, no.
Am I just driving too slow?

I have the Bulldawg uppers with the Bestop NX top and really like the combination. I was replacing a Smittybilt top and the factory "zipper" half door tops. Much quieter than before and they provide an arm rest too which I really like. Definitely a more solid feel.