Bump steer

I definitely want to get rid of the track bar bracket but I need a new track bar. I plan on upgrading the steering also. What is a good heavy duty setup up that I can run for strength and to eliminate bump steer?

I definitely want to get rid of the track bar bracket but I need a new track bar. I plan on upgrading the steering also. What is a good heavy duty setup up that I can run for strength and to eliminate bump steer?
Currie Correctlync link for steering. Use their track bar as well.

Reactions: jjvw
If you have to keep the dropped track bar bracket due to the sway bar issue, then you also need to use the dropped Pitman arm.
Yep anytime you mess with the track bar or draglink you have to mess with the other.

If you want the best go with Rockjock for both.

My suggestion is check the factory hole in the track bar bracket, if it has been drilled out, you will need the size of the hole to source a track bar. I just went through this my bracket was drilled to 5/8” so I was limited to 3 choices I could find.

How often do you find yourself at full lock while flexed out?
Quite a bit but certainly not a big deal to turn back some. My rig doesn't have any issues going forward, if I back up on flat ground with the tires at full lock, they will bind on the lower control arms and drag hard. I just turn back a very slight amount and all is good.

Quite a bit but certainly not a big deal to turn back some. My rig doesn't have any issues going forward, if I back up on flat ground with the tires at full lock, they will bind on the lower control arms and drag hard. I just turn back a very slight amount and all is good.
Problems I don’t have. I can’t turn that far in the rocks. Need me some of that hydromatic magic steering.

And? When you hear the contact, just turn back a bit.
That was my thought or I have to run spacers or the sway lock arm 45 degrees up at ride height. I cycled the suspension every way possible, with spacer, without. Changed sway loc links, and played with steering stops. It also will rub lower control arms, no sharp edges there to catch the tire so not a problem to adjust my driving.

Last edited:
How often do you find yourself at full lock while flexed out?
Quite often, but it only happens rf wheel full stuff hard left turn so I am just aware of this and would rather adjust my driving than limit suspension travel or steering angle.

I’m not going to tell you how to solve it, but I’m going to tell you to be persistent, it can be solved and when you do you will love it.

Told ya’😀
1650060264931.png

Reactions: AndyG